Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 11:19 AM

Default Lucid dreams

A few times in my life, I've experienced a dream where I could control everything that happened. If I wanted the walls of the room to be red, they would be red. If I wanted to bang two chicks at the same time, I wouldn't even need a million dollars to do it. You get the drift. For the unaware, this is known as a lucid dream.

Do you any of you experience lucid dreams on a regular basis? I've heard of people who train themselves to have lucid dreams, and I've heard of associations with sleep patterns or psychotropic drugs or all sorts of other things.

Enlighten me.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Lucid dreams

Um...if I wake up during a dream, I can trick myself back into it. Describing it as such makes it sound like day-dreaming/imagination but it's much more vivid and I feel as though I have total control, but sometimes it slips away and I get caught in a loop. Sounds weird I guess...
Old 08-01-2005, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A few times in my life, I've experienced a dream where I could control everything that happened. If I wanted the walls of the room to be red, they would be red. If I wanted to bang two chicks at the same time, I wouldn't even need a million dollars to do it. You get the drift. For the unaware, this is known as a lucid dream.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have this happen at least a few times a week, but it's not really lucid dreaming.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I have this happen at least a few times a week, but it's not really lucid dreaming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not?
Old 08-01-2005, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard of people who train themselves to have lucid dreams

[/ QUOTE ]

A few years ago i tried this and it worked in about 10 days. I kept a notepad by my bed and everytime i woke up from sleeping whether it be at 4am or in the morning i would write down everything from all my dreams i could remember. at first i had 1-2 seperate memories. a few days later i was remembering 4-6 dreams per night.

i was training my brain to remember dreams long after they happened and to recognize them in the first place. i started to have lucid dreams a few days later. at first, they were very powerful and having them cause me to wake up in excitement.

I stopped writing down my dreams a few days later and i stopped having lucid dreams. Im a really light sleeper and having to write down all my dreams whenever i woke up made me too tired for this to be worth it. but now that im in college i think i might try this again.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:38 PM

Even though I can control certain aspects of the dream, I’m not aware (or at least convinced) that I’m in a dream. On occasion, however, it does trigger lucidity.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:29 PM

Lucid dreams are friking ILL. When i've experienced them, it is usually ALWAYS in the morning when i have already woken up (it seems that you're like 90% asleep, 10% awake) i couldnt necessarily matrix control everything, but i could control myself and a few other things, not just like change locations.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:37 PM

I've tried this, but with very little success. There are times where I'm dreaming and I know that I am in a dream, but I can never actually control anything. Usually when I start to try and exert control over the dream it wakes me up.

What are some techniques to try and control your dreams and get to that lucid state? Writing down dreams after you wake up from them...but what if you don't remember dreams often enough? You know, when you wake up in the morning and it just seems like a few moments ago you were trying to sleep.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:42 PM

I used to have them all the time when I was a teenager. I don't think I've had one in the last 10 years, though.

From what I remember of them, I'd be dreaming and behaving "normally" in my dream (ie. unaware that I was dreaming) when suddenly I'd come to the realization that I was dreaming. From that point onwards I'd be able to control what was happening.

I've also done the "writing down your dreams after you wake up" thing. It's amazing some of the f'cked up [censored] that you'll find written the next morning, 99% of which you would have totally forgotten about had you not written it down.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What are some techniques to try and control your dreams and get to that lucid state? Writing down dreams after you wake up from them...but what if you don't remember dreams often enough? You know, when you wake up in the morning and it just seems like a few moments ago you were trying to sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

when i started i thought i never remembered dreams after i awoke. once you try and do this everyday you will start remembering more and more each day.