Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2003, 09:11 PM

Default Seeking Backers For WSOP (maybe)

Inspired by Fossilman, I'm potentially interested in being backed for the following events the first weekend of the WSOP: The $2K Omaha8, $2K NLHE[if I don't make the O8 final table], and the $1.5K Stud8.

I don't quite have Fossy's rep and haven't played that many big tourneys, but I have finished 7th in the 1.5K stud8 & 3rd in an $500 O8 [real bad beat from at least 2nd [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] ]; am a lifetime winner after over 100 small buy in tourneys including 50% money finishes in Stud8's; and have a $38/hr win rate in 15-30 LHE, the only game I can play locally. I'm much better at the hi/lo's than LHE.

I have had a series of personal, away from the table, issues, now resolved, that pretty much scragged the ol' bankroll the past couple years. I'm looking for twelve people to put up $500 each. We'll work out the percentages and taxes after we're set to go. I'd prefer people who live in Vegas, or will be in Vegas that weekend, for simplicity's sake. I have two friends who are set, and a prominent poster here is also interested; suggested I do this, in fact.

This is more of an initial exploratory post; my two friends may put up the whole $6K, or I might win/come up with it all myself.

PM me if you want to talk about it, I'm open to all suggestions. Laugh/flame away, I've done so in the past, and none of you can say anything that'll be worse than what I've said to myself over the years. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2003, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Seeking Backers For WSOP (maybe)

Hi Billy- I will back you for a comped meal at Mirage or Bellagio in case you go busted. Hope to meet you this year. LGPG, Babe [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2003, 12:35 AM

C'mon Babe, pry loose of some bankroll for Bill. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Maybe it will be Bill buying you Delmonico's after a high finish. He'll be too polite to say you should have taken a piece of him in the tourn. I won't be too polite though. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2003, 01:46 AM

Bruzio's brunch on Billy if bracelet brandished! But, backers only bacchanal! [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2003, 04:08 AM

Bill,

I'll probably be downtown that week, and I like to stake, but only on the same day as the race (only so I can see if my horse got any sleep). So hey Bill, whoever you are, ya never know!

Tommy
Old 03-11-2003, 01:32 AM

ok tommyyyyyy.........MR.M will tap uon the shoulder ..well rested and sober.. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2003, 07:21 PM

Default I\'ll back you email me

venus2888@hotmail.com