Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 03:10 AM

Default couple of hands from my first day of SH..

Mainly concerned about preflop on this first one...Stars has those turbo 6-max, and I think I started going LAG a bit with the speed (4-table) what do you think?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP calls, Button folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (8 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: 8 BB

I think preflop is questionable, and It seems I really couldnt make up my mind what I wanted to do on the river...lol.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

I wonder how many of my 10 outs were already mucked. If it wasnt for busting 89o on the river I'd feel bad...seriously pretty bad turn call yeah?
Old 07-31-2005, 03:19 AM

Default Re: couple of hands from my first day of SH..

Hand 1: Value bet the river.

Hand 2: I like it. If the guy's an unknown I'm often looking him up on this river UI. That donk-bet is usually an attempt to fold you.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:25 AM

Wow Im surprised nothing about the K9o SB to a raise. I remembered HFAP saying something about K9...and thats really the only reason I called. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I would have dumped this more times than not I think....is this good on a table of mostly unknowns in this position?
(I guess full-ring habits are hard to break)
Old 07-31-2005, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow Im surprised nothing about the K9o SB to a raise. I remembered HFAP saying something about K9...and thats really the only reason I called. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I would have dumped this more times than not I think....is this good on a table of mostly unknowns in this position?
(I guess full-ring habits are hard to break)

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed that preflop raise in hand 1, You wanna fold there. K9s isn't even strong enough to get involved with here.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:52 AM

k9s is definitely strong enough to get involved.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
k9s is definitely strong enough to get involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having to cold-call 1.5BB's and be OOP the entire hand? No thanks.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:55 AM

So you started with SH, went to the high-speed tables and played 4 of them?
Doesnt sound like a good plan [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2005, 01:58 AM

Only played the 4 turbos first session...I like 'em...but not 4 of them. Too much.....btw (especeially anyone who read my first day of sh post yesterday.)Day 2, first 200 hands of the night....+24BB, that's 183BB in 1200 hands of SH..they werent kidding about varience. it reminds me of smelling rain and knowing the storm is coming. Thanks for he advice on the hands guys.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:49 AM

Hand 1 I bet the river

I like the way you played 2, sometimes I raise the turn and checkthrough ui~