Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 11:55 PM

Default Party 3/6 full is a rock garden

Visited many full 3/6 tables this Friday evening on Party - hard pressed to find a table with more than 3-4 players seeing flop. On the brighter side, the 3/6 6max tables are full of loose players.
It seems to me that the future of online poker lies in shorthanded.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Party 3/6 full is a rock garden

I think playing shorthanded has always been more profitable since more decisions mean more ways for the fishies to make more mistakes.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:05 AM

if you ever want to make big bucks and be a great limit player, you must play shorthanded
Old 07-30-2005, 12:12 AM

at the beggining of the summer i logged 50k hands @ ~2bb/100 with an mtr of ~7. the game is just fine. plenty of money to be made.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
at the beggining of the summer i logged 50k hands @ ~2bb/100 with an mtr of ~7. the game is just fine. plenty of money to be made.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. this is a great game in the long run.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:04 AM

i'm not playing the game currently....but it is my suspicion that it is not THAT unbeatable (although the 3/6 6-max games certainly are juicier).
I just can't imagine that they are all filled with expert players.
a bunch of weak-tight multi-tablers playing mostly ABC poker perhaps....but they should be beatable too.

Glad to see a couple of players who are on these games are confirming my suspicions for me.

With however many thousands of players they have at a time...and whatever percentage of those playing 3/6 full...I can't imagine they are ALL that good.
You don't have to have super-donk 70/35 pre-flop numbers to suck at poker and be VERY beatable.

the 13/4 guys ESPECIALLY are practically ASKING to be run-over again and again.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:07 AM

yes its a rock garden, but they cant play postflop. starting hand guidelines are not enough to win at poker anymore. it takes more than that.

from recent experience, i can tell you with certainty that the game is very beatable.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:54 AM

Since when do you need 6+ people in a pot to win money? Frankly, I kind of like the weak tight games. The average pot may not be as juicy but that is compensated for with TPTK holding up, skillful play in and around the blinds etc...

It is also good practice to sharpen your skills at tighter games in preparation for moving up.

In S&M's "How to Make $100,000 a Year Gambling" they define a profitable game as one that has two or more players playing poorly. And by playing poorly they mean other than how they dictate but, perhaps, as other authors advise.

Now- you don't seriously think that all of these players are abiding by the Two Plus Two style philosophy, do you?

That said, Stacys'Mom pwns me in the $2 $4 games.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:01 AM

even those who are trying to 'abide by 2+2 philosophy' are failing to do so.

not all of the players on these forums are that hot.

not that i'm god's gift of poker yet....but I'm leaps and bounds better than what I was in my first few months around here.
I was an official '2+2er'....yet ANYBODY should have welcomed me to their table because I was a 2+2er who also happened to not be any good.

later, i was only good enough to squeak out a profit playing pseudo-ABC on 4 tables of 2/4 and 3/6 (in other words...still not very good).

right now my skill is such that you probably don't want me on your 5/10 6-max table...but you run across me on a 10/20 6-max table (meaning that you are one that is good enough to consistently beat that game) you probably won't be trembling in fear.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
even those who are trying to 'abide by 2+2 philosophy' are failing to do so.

not all of the players on these forums are that hot.

not that i'm god's gift of poker yet....but I'm leaps and bounds better than what I was in my first few months around here.
I was an official '2+2er'....yet ANYBODY should have welcomed me to their table because I was a 2+2er who also happened to not be any good.

later, i was only good enough to squeak out a profit playing pseudo-ABC on 4 tables of 2/4 and 3/6 (in other words...still not very good).

right now my skill is such that you probably don't want me on your 5/10 6-max table...but you run across me on a 10/20 6-max table (meaning that you are one that is good enough to consistently beat that game) you probably won't be trembling in fear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. It is amazing everytime I think I've got it down I look back (sometimes as little as a few weeks) and wonder how I ever won. It is a process- to be sure.