Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 11:31 AM

Default That\'s just poker

Micro-limit last night. Camping out waiting for my cards. Finally got TT (by far the best I'd seen in an hour). Everyone was limping in, so I raised. Two short stacks (who were playing crazy) went all in. I knew the crazy guys didn't have anything so I called. Big-blind called.

Flop came 864 rainbow. I should have checked, but decided to go all-in to get the bb to fold (overbet on the pot). BB called...at which point I figured he'd trapped me with a large pair.

4th st - 8
5th st - 6

Turns out my TT was up against 86o, 86o, and 64s (bb). Everyone made a house but me. Short stacks split main pot, bb got the rest. Wheew! But that's just poker!

On the flip side: Last Thursday in a sng I was getting honked off at the aggressive guy to my right. He was constantly stealing blinds. Someone would call or raise and he'd hammer a big re-raise. Other players would fold. After doing this about 10 times within a short time span, I'd had enough.

The next time he did a big re-raise, I came back at him with another re-raise. He re-raised me, so I went all in on him. Ooooops! That 23o I was holding was looking at KK. Well, no one to blame but myself. My own foolish play.

Flop came Q92. Fourth -7. Fifth -3. MIRACLE! Knocked noxious guy out and instantly became the hero of the table.

So I remind myself that I can't really complain about bad beats when I'm on the winning side occasionally.

After all, that's just poker.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Re: That\'s just poker

How many 6's are in this deck? I'm counting 5 [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many 6's are in this deck? I'm counting 5 [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes craaaazy things like this happen. But hey, that's just poker.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought BB had a house too, but I must have been mistaken. Now its gonna bug me.. what the heck did he HAVE?!

Hold on.... I DO have it down here somewhere.

TT, 86o, 86o, 57s.

Big blind was 57s. Sheeze, if I can't follow a line of numbers to the right, i've got no business putting real $$ on the line

I officially nominate myself for 'tard of the week'.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:22 PM

what a CRAAAAAAZY story!!! I don't know whats crazier, the fact you made it up, or the fact that when making it up, you didn't even bother to check to see if it was possible with a standard 52 card deck, OR the fact that you thought if you went ahead and posted this story you fabricated that anyone would care or somehow benefit from reading this post -

what was your motivation for posting this??
Old 07-26-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Micro-limit last night. Camping out waiting for my cards. Finally got TT (by far the best I'd seen in an hour). Everyone was limping in, so I raised. Two short stacks (who were playing crazy) went all in. I knew the crazy guys didn't have anything so I called. Big-blind called.

Flop came 864 rainbow. I should have checked, but decided to go all-in to get the bb to fold (overbet on the pot). BB called...at which point I figured he'd trapped me with a large pair.

4th st - 8
5th st - 6

Turns out my TT was up against 86o, 86o, and 64s (bb). Everyone made a house but me. Short stacks split main pot, bb got the rest. Wheew! But that's just poker!

On the flip side: Last Thursday in a sng I was getting honked off at the aggressive guy to my right. He was constantly stealing blinds. Someone would call or raise and he'd hammer a big re-raise. Other players would fold. After doing this about 10 times within a short time span, I'd had enough.

The next time he did a big re-raise, I came back at him with another re-raise. He re-raised me, so I went all in on him. Ooooops! That 23o I was holding was looking at KK. Well, no one to blame but myself. My own foolish play.

Flop came Q92. Fourth -7. Fifth -3. MIRACLE! Knocked noxious guy out and instantly became the hero of the table.

So I remind myself that I can't really complain about bad beats when I'm on the winning side occasionally.

After all, that's just poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't post bad beats. You will not get sympathy.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Warning/advice for the new guy...

Hey man don't take offense to this as I've had some shitty pos ts in my day but honestly, look at your post and think about whether of nor it actually contributes at all to the forum. Ok, now say to yourself, "I promise my next post will be of some value," as a mantra for the next few weeks.

Good luck,
Matt

P.S. If you were posting the second hand looking for advice and not as some anecdote for, "that's poker", then here's some. You suck, stop wasting your money.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:07 PM

Hey 12 yo, hasn't school started up yet?
Old 07-27-2005, 12:09 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't post bad beats. You will not get sympathy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't looking for any. If you read the whole thing, you'd see that one was a bad beat, and one was a good beat.

Although I'll take estreet's advice and not pollute the forum if there's already too many similar posts.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Warning/advice for the new guy...

[ QUOTE ]

P.S. If you were posting the second hand looking for advice and not as some anecdote for, "that's poker", then here's some. You suck, stop wasting your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, reading some of the other threads, it looks like "you suck" is the typical response to 9 out of 10 questions people ask here. I'm not sure what value those clever replies are 'contributing to the forum', but I take your main point of "don't pollute the forum with worthless new threads."