Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 08:22 AM

Default Hitting the breaks with burried aces

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (3.90 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (3.45 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

6th Street - (3.45 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (6.45 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks

Total pot: (6.45 BB)
Old 07-22-2005, 08:41 AM

Default Re: Hitting the breaks with burried aces

I rike it.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

5th Street - (3.45 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

6th Street - (3.45 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

[/ QUOTE ]

Question: Did you check anticipating a bet from the possible flush on 6th?
Old 07-22-2005, 09:36 AM

I was unable to put seat 1 on a hand and the [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] were extremely live which made me think he likely hit a draw, when he checked 6th I knew I was ahead and did not want to give him another free shot at a hand to beat me. On 7th when I failed to improve to 2 pair+ I did not see the value in a bet with 2 opponents.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:26 AM

Seems really solid. I'm curious what seat 4 is doing? Can he really have split kings and think he's behind to your pocket aces or is he on some type of a draw as well?
Old 07-22-2005, 01:16 PM

I'm not sure I've EVER seen anyone go for a checkraise on 5th after catching the third suited card. Of course that doesn't make the check bad, because he could easily have a pair and 4 flush. But I still lean towards betting in this situation. If you had 2 pair, then you need to be more careful because you don't want to be forced to fold when you have very profitable outs, but with just one pair at this point, you don't really mind if he checkraises and you have to fold.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:34 PM

Why check 5th? Id fire one to see where he was at. Otherwise looks fine.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:20 PM

On 5th I couldn't imagine what I was ahead of but when it was checked around to me the 2nd time on 6th I knew I was ahead or my opponents were donkeys or both.