Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Chuck E Cheese...

Alright, so the wife and I are taking her little cousin to Chuck E Cheese tonight to celebrate her 4th birthday. It has been at least 20 years since I have set foot inside such an establishment and my perspective was entirely different back then. My plan is to find the most +EV ticket game and dominate it for all it's worth so I can take home a plastic army man or a bouncy ball or some [censored]. I figure that's a good way to spend about $29043765. They still have that one game where you beat the hell out of the gophers, right? I'll be sure to hit that one at least once. This is all assuming they don't have Ms. Pacman and that I'll be able to play any games anyway without the birthday girl climbing all over me.

Who's got some tips for me on the best ticket game? I need a high-payout game and I need to know how to exploit it to its fullest, not that I won't be able to figure it out pretty quickly anyway. Also, is the pizza there any good?
Old 07-18-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Chuck E Cheese...

I was there a couple of months ago. Whack-a-Mole and Skeeball were the only things I even recognized. The pizza is very mediocre. But they do hire teenage girls with nice tight little bodies.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, is the pizza there any good?

[/ QUOTE ]

It sucks and it blows. When I was a kid I remember it being awesome. Now, and both sucks and blows.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:12 PM

The best game is usually some sort of wheel of fortune type spinning thing. You have to push a button so the wheel stops at a certain payout value. Obviously the highest payouts are narrower than the crappy values, but often the machines don't spin all that fast and you can figure out what the lag is between pushing the button and the wheel stopping.

If that's not an option I'd go for skeeball, usually pretty easy to get into a rhythm and dominate pretty good.

Swede
Old 07-18-2005, 12:14 PM

How about a TR?
Old 07-18-2005, 12:16 PM

The place is loud as hell. I play skeeball to win tickets for my 5 year old. The pizza sauce is bland I guess they do that for the kids but it's still pretty good.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, is the pizza there any good?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe someone else said this before:
"going to Chuck E. Cheese to eat good food is like watching wrestling for the fine acting"
Old 07-18-2005, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The best game is usually some sort of wheel of fortune type spinning thing. You have to push a button so the wheel stops at a certain payout value. Obviously the highest payouts are narrower than the crappy values, but often the machines don't spin all that fast and you can figure out what the lag is between pushing the button and the wheel stopping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that game is aimed at 5 year olds with 5 year old reflexes. I hope things have gotten better in the intervening 20 years.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:24 PM

Play skeeball and learn how to bank it off the sideboard, and the tickets will start spewing.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:36 PM

skee-ball. pick a side table. discrete, so no one, especially employees can see you. walk next to the max point hole thingy and just drop a few balls in there every single time your game begins.

enjoy your army men [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

btw - I went there around 4-5 years ago. Their pizza was okay from what I remember. I thought it was better when I was younger though cuz I didn't eat at any other pizza joint.