Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 03:17 PM

Default Wynn 8/16 hand what is better line?

Playing at a decent 8/16 at the Wynn LV. By decent I mean most players are better than myself and are fairly tight and aggressive.

I am UTG+1 and am dealt Js Jh.

Hero raises and is called by loose player on the button. Have seen her call three cold with 86 off and seems to love any suited cards, to give you an idea of player. She also plays passive post flop and will call down with almost any piece. I have also recently beaten her out of two pots and she is a bit steamed at me.

Flop is As, 9s, 4h

I bet and villian calls.

Turn is Ks. Hero??? Is check and call line better here or is bet, call a raise and fold river unimproved line better?

If I didn't have Js I would lead and fold to a raise but having that Js which may or may not be redrawing to best flush made me question this one. Any thoughts?
Old 07-16-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Wynn 8/16 hand what is better line?

[ QUOTE ]
Playing at a decent 8/16 at the Wynn LV. By decent I mean most players are better than myself and are fairly tight and aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]
My line here would be to get a table change.

On the turn, check-call.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:09 PM

I agree about the table change but I was interested in seeing how I could play against good opponents. I was sort of tired of playing the fishy 4/8 type and I had had a good week so was willing to pay for a lesson so to speak. I ended up for my 8/16 session and I learned a ton from those guys. I think in order to get better you sometimes have to take shots above yourself then retreat and think about what you learned.

In this hand I bet the turn and called her raise. River was blank and she checked behind me with an 8 high flush.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:18 PM

Bet the turn. Given your description of the button it isn't close.