Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 07:51 AM

Default Good fold?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) converter

SB ($24.35)
BB ($105.55)
Hero ($115.60)
MP ($38.60)
CO ($121.20)
Button ($54.55)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $2.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $2.25, BB calls $1.75.

Flop: ($11) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, CO folds, SB folds, BB calls $10.

Turn: ($31) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $40</font>, Hero calls $20.

River: ($111) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $52.8 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $163.80

Regards
Brad S
Old 07-15-2005, 08:02 AM

Default Re: Good fold?

With no knowledge of the opponent, I'm probably making this call. I think you're good at least 1 out of 3 times (which you need to be in order to make it profitable. I think you'll see A7, QJ, even AK enough times. Not that I think you're necessarily ahead here, but I think in the long run this is a profitable call.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:03 AM

Raise more preflop, the flop lead is good.

Turn, I would check call depending on player. You have the flush out there so you dont wanna be raised and praing for a 4 outer.

Yes I think its a good fold.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you'll see A7, QJ, even AK enough times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain showed after.... and had none of these

A8s (diamonds)

Regards
Brad S
Old 07-15-2005, 09:21 AM

Why did you call the turn minraise? Are you assuming your Queen-high flush will be good if a fourth heart comes? I'd probably fold to the raise there if I believed he had the flush. I don't like redrawing to a one-card flush that isn't the nuts. You can't call the minraise on the turn only assuming your four boat outs are good.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:26 AM

Fold the turn.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:30 AM

You can fold it on the turn. What hand check/calls the flop and check/minraises a turned 3rd heart ?

Actually - now that I think about it, your call is ok, you have a good high heart and a full-house redraw.

Well done (I might check-behind the turn, because I hate to see a check-call flop and a flush card hit the turn. I usually check behind, and call a reasonable bet on the river (or fill up and take his stack).
Old 07-15-2005, 10:32 AM

Is anybody else so tight that they fold AQo preflop in UTG?

EDIT: Oh, it's 6-max. If this was full ring, anybody fold preflop? I guess in 6-max, this is a much stronger hand preflop? I haven't played much 6-max.

In [a full ring game in] CO or on the Button, I'll raise AQo. But UTG, I usually fold. Also, even in CO or Button, I'll fold AQo to a standard raise ahead of me even though I'll raise if it's folded to me.

Once raising preflop, the rest of this line looks good to me without a read on villain.

After he advertised his bluff on the river, make a note to try and trap him where you really do have a strong hand and can let him bluff his stack off.

I find it tough to play against a guy who can make these kinds of moves because you're playing for your stack on almost every hand, often with good - but not great - hands like top 2 pair on a 3-flush and 3-straight board like this one (even though KT not hearts seems unlikely).

Without a read, though, good fold on the river. Villain did a good job representing a flush, so I'd try to find a better spot to get my money in.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:42 AM

in your situation I would now feel the correct move on the turn is to push all-in or fold. (but what do I know).
Old 07-15-2005, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If this was full ring, anybody fold preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I admit thatn when I first saw the hand and didn't see that it was 6 max I thought the raise was a little strange myself. Honestly I liked the raise even in a full ring, just not as a standard play. The raise has the fold equity here, I mean I wouldn't be trying for a multiway pot here. I think i'd make this play in a full ring a about 10-20% of the time considering on how the table is. However I almost always, 80-90% of the time, at least limp in with it and will call a min raise or even a bigger raise if the raiser is directly on my left aloowing me to close the action and provided there are a couple other callers. Like i said I don't want to be in a multiway here, But i'll at least look at the flop if the conditions are right. I think AQ is a good hand and will be the best hand preflop a good amount of the time.