Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2003, 03:12 PM

Default my vegas trip report

was in vegas this weekend. didn't play poker as much as i would normally like to, but did hit a few cardrooms for a few hours each. just thought i'd share my thoughts, on the low limits at each.

hit binions first. the 1-4-8, was interesting. 1-4 till the river, then 1-8 on the river. room was pretty quiet for a thursday afternoon. players were very weak. lady had the nuts twice and didn't bet or raise. and was actually relieve that they held up. heh. i laughed to myself about that. bad session for me, as i couldn't catch cards.

mirage. nice bright room. 3-6. players seem pretty weak, and it was a tight as hell table. a lot of pots to be stolen. had a nice session with a pretty good win.

el cortez. bleh. 1 table, with some of the weirdest folk you'll ever play cards with. the big hump in the middle of the table was a nice touch. i played for about an hour before i left. it was such a frustrating game, that i didn't enjoy it at all.

bellagio 4-8. crowded room, but nice and bright. i had a really bad session here. i think a combination of me being tired and not playing well, and not getting the cards were teh reason for this. the players all seemed pretty weak, except for maybe 1 or 2 players. for some reason i thought i'd run into better players, but these guys were playing the same garbage i normally see. so it was a good game, but i couldn't seem to capitalize on it. very frustrating session for me actually.

excalibur $2-6. wow, what a soft table. some of the worst players yet. but it was such a weak tight table, that i was bored out of my mind. i think i only saw like 2 raises the entire table, and they were by me. no action. i was doing quite well, but i was just not having fun, so i didn't play that long.

overall, my experience was interesting. i didn't have a great time playing poker, as i always seemed kinda rushed. for me i really need to get into the groove and play for more then 4 hours and all these were short less than 3 hour sessions. nobody seemed that good, with the exception of maybe 3 people. which i thought was kinda weird, but whatcha gonna do? maybe next time i'll be able to sit in the higher limit games.

Old 02-18-2003, 04:56 PM

Default Re: my vegas trip report

"maybe next time i'll be able to sit in the higher limit games."

yeah i got the sense from your posts you were kind of bored with the smaller stakes. i recommend you play the 8-16 at bellagio or the 10-20 at the mirage. that should prove a bit more challenging, and probably lucrative, for you.
Old 02-18-2003, 05:15 PM

Default Re: my vegas trip report

i wanted to sit at some of the higher limits, but i knew i wouldn't be sitting long, so i could really get into the groove of things, so i decided to just sit at the lower limits. if anyone saw the loads of vintage scooters, in vegas this weekend, i was part of that crowd. heh. so i was mostly there to party with my scooter buddy's.

next time hopefully i'll be able to dedicate time to the card rooms.