Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 01:59 AM

Default Warning stats. 50,000 5/10

I still struggle mostly pre flop.My stats look a little different from the recommended 2+2 model. Right now I am probably more of a 23/16. I started a a bit tighter and have been cold decked for the last 8000k hands.
I believe I am missing the most amount of my VPIP and PFR in the blinds. I would probably be considered weak in the blinds. I know that I will get raked over the coals for my folded BB to steal and I am trying to change but seem to be making no progress. It is hard for me to put money in out of postion with an inferior hand. So please comment.

Is my VPIP low for the cutoff and bttn? is the PFR too low there? I do not mind being a bit tight UTG.
I would like to be 25/17. I am not sure I could win playing 30/20.
How is my % on check raise? Any other comments are appreciated.

I am also interested in paying a coach or at least some one to look at some past hands for obvious leaks.
[image]http://[/image]

Sorry about the image. Another obvious leak.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:05 AM

Default Re: Warning stats. 50,000 5/10

aslowjoe,

Geez, your blind numbers look great! Just steal more. Everything else looks pretty good to me.

___1___
Old 07-14-2005, 02:11 AM

You are too tight in the blinds for my taste, but that doesn't mean you should change. I think those situations are marginal enough that you should not just start playing a bunch of hands just to change your stats if you are not comfortable with them. If you want to start adding some hands, a good place to open up your range is when you are BB and SB open raises. That way you will have position, and you also will get some experience playing some junk.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:07 AM

Your numbers are fine.

Dont worry too much about preflop, 23/16 is good. Checkraise % anything near 2 is good.

A coach lol,worry about a coach when you move below 2bb/100.

Just move up and see how 10/20 goes.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just move up and see how 10/20 goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I have read on the forum it would seem that defending your blinds and player reads are the most important skills in 10/20 both of which I am weak at. Other then PT stats I take very few notes. With the PT stats everything seems so obvious so I don't pay attention enough to other smaller sublteties. It is something I am working on but does not come natural to me.

[ QUOTE ]
coach lol,worry about a coach when you move below 2bb/100.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought I get some help to prevent me from moving below 2 when I move to 10/20

In my gut I feel that my blind play is okay but I see a lot of other better players criticize my style. So I am looking into feedback of how much it could be hurting me and will it hurt more at 10/20.

From an open raise from SB I am now defending any reasonable 2. The other thing that I have changed a bit is I have lowered the open raising from SB to the 50% VPIP BB players. They call almost anything and I am out of postion how much of an edge am I gaining with Q9 and A4?

Also why did the image link post and not the image.

Thanks for the feedback
Old 07-14-2005, 12:02 PM

When I was trying to post the image, I had to mess with the URL a bit to get just the image and not the image plus ads or a thumbnail or whatever... once you get that, c/p tha within the image tags from the 2+2 button (rather than c/ping the 'use this link' link provided by imageshack). If you look at the link in your original post it shows nested image/img tags
Old 07-14-2005, 12:43 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

maybe I'm wrong but this seems like a poorly masked brag post, or maybe you just have good perspective. if it's the latter I commend you. add hands if you feel comfortable doing so. you obviously can play postflop so it's your call. nothing wrong with 23/16 though
Old 07-14-2005, 04:13 PM

Thanks for your responses so far.I guess I am missing the point of one of my questions. Is my difference in VPIP and PFR all due to UTG and blinds?

I am intersted in paying someone to look over some of my hand histories. Please PM with some offers.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe I'm wrong but this seems like a poorly masked brag post

[/ QUOTE ]

im of the opinion that all stat posts are either brag posts or whining posts.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:18 PM

i still dont understand the advocation to loosen up in the blinds. i have seen tons of tight blind players put up good numbers (just like this poster) yet there is always someone saying to loosen up.

in your opinion what is an ideal winrate in the blinds. i cant imagine its much better than this guys.