Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 02:51 PM

Default A couple 3/6 hands...

Ok, let's get this out of the way first. I'm a weak-tight noob who dropped to 3/6 despite everyone's advice to the contrary.

I just think the biggest problem with my game right now is psychological, and until I can get my emotions under control, I need to play where the money doesn't feel so significant.

On to the hands....

This I think was perfectly played. Disagree?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO folds.

River: (9.66 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 11.66 BB

Hand 2: Standard turn check?

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.16 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 5.16 BB

Hand 3: Villain is loose and bad. Umm... your river line?

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.16 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.16 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets....
Old 07-13-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Re: A couple 3/6 hands...

[ QUOTE ]

I just think the biggest problem with my game right now is psychological, and until I can get my emotions under control, I need to play where the money doesn't feel so significant.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO this shows a great deal of self-awareness that I'm sure many of us lack. Good for you.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:15 PM

I c/r the flop and lead the turn in hand 1. There are just too many cards that I don't want to see on the turn to just call here. That said, I don't hate your like. What are you doing if paint hits?

I think I bet the turn in hand 2 and check behind on the river or fold to a c/r. If I hold QQ, I check it though.

I think I'm giving up on the turn in hand 3. I'm not sure I bet the river there. I do with a really weak [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], but IMO villain is likely calling only with a hand that beats you, but will bet a weak [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] if you check to him. I guess I'm going against Clarkmeister here. I play bad.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:20 PM

Hand 1)
I usually bet the flop. Your line works fine when the turn is a blank but I'm not usually that lucky. Do you bet the river if the board doesn't double pair?

Hand 3)
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is loose and bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bad passive or bad aggressive? I prolly check/fold the turn.

Lost Wages
Old 07-13-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I c/r the flop and lead the turn in hand 1. There are just too many cards that I don't want to see on the turn to just call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well.. that's why I waited until the turn to c/r. My equity in the pot could go way up or way down... yeah?

As it stands on the flop... I probably have the best hand, but I can't make overcards fold (since it's probably correct for them to call my c/r anyway). Also, if CO has been slowplaying a J, he'll raise, and I can safely fold.

Not sure if I check/call or check/fold the turn if paint hits. Depends on what paint, and what CO does.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually bet the flop. Your line works fine when the turn is a blank but I'm not usually that lucky. Do you bet the river if the board doesn't double pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I didn't bet the flop was because I thought MP could raise a wide range of hands here. AK, AQ or KQ for a free card, a J or an overpair for value.

I hate to bet the flop, call a raise, give a free card on the turn to overcards.

Yeah, I think I bet the river even if it doesn't double-pair. Just because I get calls from some strange hands.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well.. that's why I waited until the turn to c/r. My equity in the pot could go way up or way down... yeah?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. I just like to get my money in when I think I am ahead. Something to consider, however, is that if he has overs, your turn c/r could likely whiff and that would SUCK.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bad passive or bad aggressive? I prolly check/fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't seem overly aggressive.. just kinda like a loose calling station.

The turn was probably kind of a bad bet, but I thought it was my only chance.

I was going to check/fold the river, but then I thought, screw it, Clarkmeister his ass.

He ended up calling, I prepared to lose the pot. I was very surprised... MHIG.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Something to consider, however, is that if he has overs, your turn c/r could likely whiff and that would SUCK.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:09 PM

hand 1: I bet into MP on the flop, and hope he raises to fold CO out, then after he raises I generally 3 bet and fold to further aggression from him.

hand 2: I bet the turn, check the river or fold to further aggression.

hand 3: I generally check-call that river.