Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 12:27 PM

Default My first ever... (LC)

Trifecta!!!! 2 questions should become apparent while reading this post

1) woa, he's never had a Trifecta before?? wtf?

2) good lord, thats a lot of work posting this hand since the converter is down. He must be really excited. What is he, some kind of dork??

Based on my play, it should be obvious what my read of villian is on this hand. This also might not have been the best EV way to play the hand. But I decided early in the hand, my only goal was to pull off the trifecta and I would attempt it at all costs.

I get A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG and raise. Victim 3 bets. I Call

Flop 7.5sb (J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])

I check, he bets, I raise, he 3 bets, I Call

Turn 7BB 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, he bets, I raise, he 3 bets, I call

river 13BB 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I'll let you guess what I do, he bets, I raise, he calls

ship it bitches!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oh and to answer your questions

1) yeah I know, shocking isnt it? IT may have happened some time and I forgot about it, or I pulled it off without realizing it, but ever since I've been conciously aware of the trifecta I havent had one.

2) yes

3) he had A2o
Old 07-13-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Re: My first ever... (LC)

[ QUOTE ]
Trifecta!!!! 2 questions should become apparent while reading this post

1) woa, he's never had a Trifecta before?? wtf?

2) good lord, thats a lot of work posting this hand since the converter is down. He must be really excited. What is he, some kind of dork??

Based on my play, it should be obvious what my read of villian is on this hand. This also might not have been the best EV way to play the hand. But I decided early in the hand, my only goal was to pull off the trifecta and I would attempt it at all costs.

I get A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG and raise. Victim 3 bets. I Call

Flop 7.5sb (J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])

I check, he bets, I raise, he 3 bets, I Call

Turn 7BB 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, he bets, I raise, he 3 bets, I call

river 13BB 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I'll let you guess what I do, he bets, I raise, he calls

ship it bitches!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oh and to answer your questions

1) yeah I know, shocking isnt it? IT may have happened some time and I forgot about it, or I pulled it off without realizing it, but ever since I've been conciously aware of the trifecta I havent had one.

2) yes

3) he had A2o

[/ QUOTE ]

A2o?

wow
Old 07-13-2005, 12:39 PM

I had almost the exact same hand last night. Villian would raise any A from any position, I had AJ, flop comes Axx. I go for the trifecta... and get 3bet on the river, which was a 2. Villian shows his A2, and I'm cooked [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Oh, and I just slipped a bad beat post in your glorious trifecta post. That makes me feel a little better.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, and I just slipped a bad beat post in your glorious trifecta post. That makes me feel a little better.

[/ QUOTE ]

the moderators have been alerted, your post will be deleted shortly!!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2005, 01:23 PM

What I find interesting with your particular trifecta is the hand strenghts. They usually tend to be done with stronger hands by both parties. Nice table/sucker selection.
Congrats.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:34 PM

Shouldnt 'trifectas' be check-raising every street and never calling. Therefore this technically isnt since you called the flop!
Old 07-13-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shouldnt 'trifectas' be check-raising every street and never calling. Therefore this technically isnt since you called the flop!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am personally tired of these anal interpretations of the trifecta term. I don't think there is an official definition anyway. I say trifecta is as trifecta does.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pffffft, then this is even better, since I still did it in the face of so many 3 bets. course, I guess its alot easier to pull off since he 3 bet each time.....damnit, thanks for ruining my day!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
since the converter is down

[/ QUOTE ]

Cut the word "texas" from the top of the raw HH and you should be good.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pffffft, then this is even better, since I still did it in the face of so many 3 bets. course, I guess its alot easier to pull off since he 3 bet each time.....damnit, thanks for ruining my day!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Anyway, for the converter thing:

http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

A couple of changes (not by me) to cope with the changed HH from party