Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 03:30 PM

Default T8o

Villain is 40/12/1.2

Party Poker 3/6 (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666"></font>UTG calls, 2 folds, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG calls, Button folds, SB folds.

Turn: (3 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG calls

River: (5 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero folds.

Standard?
Old 07-11-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Re: T8o

I would check-call the river.

If Villain had a king, you'd kind of think he'd raise it on the flop, though I guess he could have kicker concerns.

If he has a ten, his kicker probably doesn't play by the river either.

If he has a seven, well, he drew out on you.

Hands like QJ, J9, and 98 are among those he could have been chasing you with. (And if he does have a hand like J9, well, hopefully it's not suited in spades.)

I don't really see a river value bet, and I'm not really happy (after I check) when Villain goes ahead and bets. But an aggression factor of 1.2 isn't really that passive, and I think you'll snap off a bluff (or chop with another ten) often enough to call.

Anyway, earlier in the hand, I wonder about the flop bet. The board's a little too coordinated for my taste for me to want to fire in a 4-way pot with middle pair, weak kicker. But I'm not sure. Maybe a bet is best. I'm curious what others think.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:45 PM

With 2nd pair on this board, I'd definitely call the river.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, earlier in the hand, I wonder about the flop bet. The board's a little too coordinated for my taste for me to want to fire in a 4-way pot with middle pair, weak kicker. But I'm not sure. Maybe a bet is best. I'm curious what others think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't sure about it either. It was a very passive game, so I thought a raise would have been unlikely. I was about to call anyway, so I choose to bet myself. After all, I don't really like the flopbet. It looks to me now I haven't got the odds to continue (I wonder if I've got enough clean outs), so maybe I should just have folded when someone in LP bet and got 1 caller, since I had no position and the pot was small (is this too weak?).
About the river fold: I couldn't think of many hands I beat at that point. If he has a T, he probably has a better one (limping UTG) and the river spade just completed a draw. Of course he could have a straightdraw, but is this often enough to make a profitable call in this small pot?