Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 07:18 PM

Default PS Hands for review - Trips nailed by Str8, same opps 3 mins apart!

OK I have to admit I was multi-tabling and got "clusted" with a number decent hands on two tables at once.

But this takes the cake. I get trips 3 minutes apart. Cracked by straights against the same opponent on the same table, 3 minutes apart.

I was pretty bleary, and didn't even see the straights.

So the high level questions I could use some help with are:

1) I've started playing 2 tables because I find it like watching paint dry to try to follow hands on a small screen that I'm not in. But clearly, when both tables have a hand at the same time, this sort of thing can happen. You miss details.

Any thoughts on how to organize my process to be more effective at multi-tabling, or

2) Maintain more focuse on one table? (Only thing I can think of is to play higher. Had that problem when I lived in Vegas. 1-5 stud put me to sleep, move up to 5/10 or 10/20 and I was *on it dude*. But I'm not so good at HE, so that's like asking to get shot?)

So here's the hands. Thoughts? Thoughts on seeing straights faster and easier? Etc.

Suffice to say I packed it up and went over to a NL table to start over! LOL! NL is sufficiently "scary" to keep my attention a little better.

Guess I take the multi-table fish award today.

Argh! I am a flounder!

Guess all that stuff by Ed M. I've been reading lately is useless if you are bleary and aren't applying it!

Some serious questions thought:

1) Technically 3 betting JJ is an error based on most hand charts I've seen, true?

2) Why would Villian (dubbed STRAIGHT MONSTER) stay in with his cards agains so many pre-flop bets. That wasn't "correct"? Was it?

3) In all honesty, in hand 1 I realized there was a 3 flush after the fact. On my terminal PokerStars clubs and spades, even in 4 color are very similar looking. Have to get a bigger monitor if I'm going to mulit-table (aside from learning how to play!)

4) Should I have seen these coming and dumped my trips?

With Hand 1 the flush (that wasn't the threat anyway) I was thinking OK I have outs to a boat...

With Hand 1 I got rivered, and never say it coming... again the other table had a decent hand too.

Hand 1 *****

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 :#A500AF(STRAIGHT MONSTER)/ calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP2 :#A500AF(STRAIGHT MONSTER)/ calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">STRAIGHT MONSTER raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">STRAIGHT MONSTER caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (14 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">STRAIGHT MONSTER bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (17 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">STRAIGHT MONSTER bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Ts Th (three of a kind, tens).
STRAIGHT MONSTER has 9h 8d (straight, jack high).
Hero has Jd Js (three of a kind, jacks).
Outcome: STRAIGHT MONSTER wins 20 BB. </font>

Hand 2 *****

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 :#A500AF(STRAIGHT MONSTER)/ calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 :#A500AF(STRAIGHT MONSTER)/ calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">STRAIGHT MONSTER bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">STRAIGHT MONSTER bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, UTG calls, STRAIGHT MONSTER calls.

River: (14.70 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">STRAIGHT MONSTER bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, STRAIGHT MONSTER calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 23.70 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
STRAIGHT MONSTER has Jc Qh (straight, king high).
Hero has Th Tc (three of a kind, tens).
Button has Qd Jd (straight, king high).
Outcome: STRAIGHT MONSTER wins 11.85 BB. Button wins 11.85 BB. </font>
Old 07-10-2005, 07:25 PM

Default Re: PS Hands for review - Trips nailed by Str8, same opps 3 mins apart

you're posting in the wrong forum. I'd recommend the miro-limits forum but I don't hate them.