Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2003, 06:27 PM

Default Observations on the 2002 WSOP TV event..

Just a few casual observations having watched the 2002 WSOP.

1. Sure as hell, they found a way to milk the Phil Hellmuth incident....irritating to say the least...ah well.

2. Early on, Gabe (who does better color then Jerry Van Dyke) - mentions that they can see the cards, but not the players...but i THOUGHT he said it was on the monitors as well...that was a shock if it's true...I wouldn't let ANYONE see those cards till they're face up.

3. I can immediately tell pretty quickly who the so called pros are and the so called amateurs...the so called amateurs looked like they were having a LOT MORE FUN!!! - LOL -

4. I clearly have to start playing Q10 offsuit more...

5. by and large these players have no personalities....nice people, but God did they die in front of the camera when they talked with Gabe, although Russell seemed to have a bit of life in him...I love his read of the Q10 in front of Andre?

6. Even ugly poker players tend to have cute women....wonder if this is directly related to their charm or their wallet...LOL

7. It felt to me like the nicest guy at the table won....I'm glad.

hope I can win a seat to 2003 - but if Pokerstars doesn't start holding round 2 satellites on alternating weekends, you'll be playing without me [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

pax
RB
Old 02-12-2003, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Observations on the 2002 WSOP TV event..

I wondering what was Chip leader starting at the final table was thinking when he had J,2o , 6-7clubs and I forgot the other pathetic hand he had...that he just threw money away. Each time he was in middle postion and someone in EP showed strength with a raise. The 77 hand he lost to that put him out was just part of the game, but to be chip leader and to try to play thoses hands in his postion just blows my mind. He exited at 7th place which I have no comprehension on how one can squander that amount of a lead to such an early exit. Mind you he wasn't taking bad beats or just getting unlucky. He got unlucky once....with the 77 but at that point he had to go all in.

Thoughts?

Thats the one thing that stood out in my mind that I am still flabergasted at.

Ed S.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Observations on the 2002 WSOP TV event..

I think they said that they could see the cards on their monitors back in the braodcast booth, but not out in the crowd.

Anyone know how they even did the "sneak peak" stuff technically? For a while I thought that the commentary was actually done later (i.e. after the tourney) so they had seen the cards. How else could they do it?
Old 02-13-2003, 07:18 PM

Default When was this on?

When and where did they finally show this? And, any dates for rebroadcast?

Thanks,
Old 02-13-2003, 08:53 PM

Default Re: When was this on?

Go to http://www.binions.com/worldseries.asp
and scroll to the bottom of the page.