Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 03:13 AM

Default Gimme feedback on this hand, Kings of ML!

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

River: (16.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 20.75 BB
Old 07-09-2005, 03:15 AM

Default Re: Gimme feedback on this hand, Kings of ML!

Too much aggression factuh. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2005, 03:19 AM

Overplay overpairs much?

I do not know if I three-bet the flop, as I tend to give waaaay too much respect to PP goons when they do something like checkraise the flop (that and I am a nit). That usually means he has more than a relatively weak TP. A lot of people here would 3-bet anyway, so it probably is not too bad (either he's a bit aggro with TP+draws or he has some trash two-pair which you have plenty of outs to counterfiet).

[edit: Except he did not cap the flop.. odd. Then slow down at the turn 3-bet... Did he decide to stop-and-go with a set just because it would be funny?]

Once he caps it, you have to figure his hand is legit, and the turn raising is just rampant spewing. Congratulations, on the river you either managed to scare bottom boat into thinking you have exactly TT, or you really did counterfiet his two pair (or was he just donking out).

-K
Old 07-09-2005, 03:20 AM

Whoa Dude. Just call down from the turn 3bet onward. This guy has more than just top pair I think.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:25 AM

Without any reads on UTG I'm calling down the three bet on the turn. And calling any bet on the river. There is no reason to reraise as the BB has already folded.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:44 AM

He had 5-6 offsuit and made the straight on the turn.

Stupid me for forgetting people cold call pf raises with anything at Party .5/1.

Cheers
SDM
Old 07-09-2005, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He had 5-6 offsuit and made the straight on the turn.

Stupid me for forgetting people cold call pf raises with anything at Party .5/1.

Cheers
SDM

[/ QUOTE ]

your turn cap and river raise were much worse than his coldcall

edit: he didn't coldcall, he limped(a pretty big mistake with 65o) then called the raise(fine i guess)

your turn cap and river raise are both pretty close to 1BB each errors, which are huge

his limp is maybe .7SB error
Old 07-09-2005, 05:27 AM

Woah slow down on the turn bucko! The turn raise is "aight" depending on your villain read however definitly slow down after he 3-bets.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:28 AM

I am jumping on the cool down on the turn bandwagon. Just call down the three bet.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (8.50 SB) 4, 3, T (4 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, BB calls, UTG raises, MP1 folds, Hero 3-bets, BB calls, UTG calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you'll see the type of action quoted above quite a bit when someone has a draw. That is, villian raises, but he doesn't cap your 3-bet. When that happens, we can probably put villian on 65 or 52 (those are the only possible draws) although sometimes you'll see this same action with top pair. A set or two-pair will likely cap.

Don't worry about trying to put villian on a hand based on position. Like you said, donkeys at 0.5/1 limp from any position with anything.

On the turn, now that one of the possible draws has come in, you've got to respect that 3-bet and the river raise is spew.