Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2001, 08:22 PM

Default Are we being set up?

A group of nineteen or more murderers hijack planes. Then they commit suicide by crashing them into buildings in the U.S. They commit suicide. But they leave no message explaining their reason or cause. If they could die for their cause why wouldn't at least one stick around to tell the world the why of it? Isn't that important? McVeigh thought so. Somethin about this smells.

vince
Old 09-18-2001, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Are we being set up?

Interesting. No one has claimed responsibility, and Bin Laden denies his involvement. In the 1999 Time interview, he really didn't really deny responsibility for other acts he was accused of; he called himself an "instigator." In this case, he has denied any responsibility.

So to what end were the deeds done? Will we not find out until more occur?

Old 09-18-2001, 10:35 PM

I do not believe the terrorists anticipated how their 9/11 attack would unite most of the world against them. Their silence may reflect their fear that this time, they went too far.

Old 09-18-2001, 11:14 PM

"Their silence may reflect their fear that this time, they went too far."

Possible, but I don't buy it. If you are suicidal (willing to die for your cause) you don't care how far you go. So if you can die you can also live, tell about it and suffer the consequences or glory of you will.

vince

Old 09-18-2001, 11:51 PM

It is possible that some of the terrorist plotters are fearful of being killed. However, I was primarily talking about the fear that they may have damaged their cause (i.e., the spread of fundamentalist Islamic rule) by uniting most of the world, possibly including some quasi-allies, against them.

Regards,

Mike

Old 09-19-2001, 10:19 PM

I tend to agree with Michael. It's possible world reaction made it clear their cause was in jeopardy. I also think they underestimated this reaction and feared the U.S. would be given a green light to retaliate full force. I also disagree with your comment. I have doubts the higher ups in these organizations are prepared to die for their cause.
Old 09-19-2001, 11:35 PM

I'd say their cause was to destroy American property and kill American citizens. Some people see America as inherently evil, in the same way you see these acts as inherently evil.

But if you're after a good old fashioned conspiracy theory, try http://www.guerrillanews.com/counter...cho/index.html

Chris
Old 09-21-2001, 05:53 AM

Default This guy makes no sense

Here's a quote from the site you gave above:

"The second economic bomb that was ready to go off and which I warned about on Sept 9 was a 30 trillion dollar derivatives bubble spearheaded by JP Morgan-Chase(JPM) and 30 trillion would have collapsed the economy. Basically, the simplest form of derivative is a stock option where you can buy an option to purchase a share of stock trading at $80 for $1 and you can tie up trillions of dollars with little amounts of money. But if the economy fails you then become liable for the trillions of dollars that you have tied up. Excellent posts on this issue were placed at a website called lemetropolecafe.com that I strongly recommend people look at. And what I had said on September 9 was, 'look, this is going down and we're all going to burn.' And that was two days before the attack."

First of all, this is not how options work. Second of all, even if it was how options work, and taking the $80 stock for $1 that he quoted, he's saying that JPM spent $375 billion (and this is a fee, not a sum that they would be able to recover by selling something) just to tie up $30 trillion in stocks. This makes absolutely no sense. Also, when you buy an option, you are definitely not responsible for actually buying a stock, you just have some limited period of time during which you have the "option" of purchasing the stock at the price you locked up. It is a somewhat lower risk method of speculation, essentially like calling with a draw when the pot odds are correct. So what the hell is this guy talking about, and is this where Cyrus gets the "facts" he posts in the otehr topics forum?
Old 09-21-2001, 03:44 PM

Default hopefully n/t *NM*

Old 09-27-2001, 03:24 AM

Default Re: This guy makes no sense

Hey, I didn't say it made sense, I just said it was a good old fashioned conspiracy theory. All you have to do is just allege some kind of US government complicity in the attack. The details don't matter.

Chris