Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 05:47 AM

Default $200 6max. AK OOP

6max. UTG is TAGish but slightly on the passive side preflop. He likely has a decent hand to see the flop.
Button is fairly new but has shown aggression and a willingness to contest pots but doesn't seem stupid. Note button's stack size.

My first instinct was to get busy preflop. If you do, how much do you raise and do you commit yourself on any flop or if he reraises? On the flop call, raise or fold? Bet out? What do you do on the turn if you bet or call and miss?
AK is often flexible so are these choices close?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 Hero (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Hero ($176.3)
UTG ($312.55)
MP ($155)
Button ($65.6)
SB ($50.1)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $5, UTG calls $5.

It matters that there is a limper here. It makes button's raise less likely to be a steal. If he was open raising I would be very likely to play back at him.

Flop: ($22) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $10</font>

I don't know what this size bet means with this player but I would expect him to continuation bet most of the time.

Thanks
James