Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Three marginal decisions in one hand.

Bonus clearing and I thought this might be interesting. I'll throw my comments in later. What do you think about my choices?

SB is pretty typical PF (30/11) w/ some aggressive tendencies (2.5 AF). He hasn't done anything unexpected yet given his stats after about six orbits.

BB is on the maniacal side (70/33/2.5) after five orbits. Again, what stats you see is what you get with him for the most part. He has checked after raising PF and he's bet into a field after a flop gets checked through. He's shown down top pair more than his fair share, so I haven't seen enough hands to get a more specific handle on him yet.

CO's observed stats (28/11) have him on the tighter side of the spectrum.

Button is TP (18/7) and has been giving me the button all session long.

--

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...
Old 07-06-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Three marginal decisions in one hand.

Preflop is fine given your reads of CO/Btn.
Flop is an easy fold.
I'd call the turn. You have excellent odds against a loose aggressive player in a medium sized pot, so not much folding equity and getting 3-bet would make me ill.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop is an easy fold.
I'd call the turn. You have excellent odds against a loose player in a medium sized pot, so not much folding equity and getting 3-bet would make me ill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree on all streets postflop. I'm still figuring out 6max pf play, but isn't this a pretty marginal hand to be buying the button with, esp. considering that you won't have much fold equity against the donks?
Old 07-06-2005, 02:11 PM

I think I really like that turn raise. SB's check on the turn puts him pretty squarely on two high cards and the maniac's bet means very little. By raising, you probably induce a fold from SB and clean up some A outs, plus it's also a good solid semi-bluff with your flush draw (BB might fold thinking you slow-played trips).

I think the sketchiest play is on the flop. I'd say you have about 3 outs getting 12:1. So with the implied odds supplied by a maniac in the hand, it's probably a call, but it's pretty close.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:15 PM

I like it -
Primarily because I think SB has a better hand than BB. SB can't really call 2 cold with a heartless AK; and by getting HU with BB you set yourself up for ~11 clean outs if your hand isn't already better than his.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I really like that turn raise. SB's check on the turn puts him pretty squarely on two high cards and the maniac's bet means very little. By raising, you probably induce a fold from SB and clean up some A outs, plus it's also a good solid semi-bluff with your flush draw (BB might fold thinking you slow-played trips).

[/ QUOTE ]
I had the same thought at first. It might be preferable to just call and raise a heart river. If you really are cleaning up the A out, the chances of an A hitting on the river are very slim.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:19 PM

I would not (over)call the flop.
On the turn I would be wary of SB going for a C-R. I think just calling is fine. I'd prefer the turn raise HU. I personally use a lot the turn-raise play but here I would use it less times.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop is an easy fold.
I'd call the turn. You have excellent odds against a loose aggressive player in a medium sized pot, so not much folding equity and getting 3-bet would make me ill.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if we could get the SB to fold AK/AQ and we're ahead of the maniac a good % of the time, isn't this a consideration?

EDIT: I'm not sure we're ahead of the maniac a good % of the time, but certainly some of the time.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:20 PM

I don't think I'd have played it that way, but that only proves that I am not as good as you are.

Nice hand.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:20 PM

Preflop, I think I fold. The CO and button are tight, which is good, but I don't think there's any way in hell you're stealing the blinds against these clowns. Any data on their WtSD numbers? I guess if they fold a lot after the flop, it's more OK, but I have gotten myself into a lot of trouble in situations like this. I think A9o would be my cutoff here.

My gut said to fold the flop, but even if I only give you 3.5 outs, you're getting 12:1, so I guess peeling is OK.

I call on the turn. I don't think BB is folding, and I want SB around to pay me off should I hit the flush. You might buy some A outs with the raise, but is what you're paying for them worth it here?