Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 01:07 PM

Default 2 pair vs flush(?)

Just got to this table and posted in CO. But my PT stats show that the villain is a calling station. My question is on the river, since I don't have a club and he checks to me, do I bet out or check down. I think I should check because, being a calling station, I'm not going to bluff him if he has a club.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB :#A500AF(Villain)/ checks.

Flop: (3.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Villain checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Villain calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (2.70 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Villain calls.

River: (4.70 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?</font>
Old 07-06-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Re: 2 pair vs flush(?)

This looks like one of those situations where you should check because you'll only get called by better hands. If you know that the guy's a serious calling station, it might be better to bet, but I'd have to be pretty sure that he's a board-reading idiot capable of calling down with something like 73o here before I didn't check behind here.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Re: 2 pair vs flush(?)

Check the river. He's not folding if he has a club, will likely fold a Q or a middle pair with the 4-flush showing, and you would have to fold to a raise. You still have a decent shot at having the best hand, so see the showdown.