Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 07:41 PM

Default New Software on the Block

For all you software junkies, and I'm one of them as well, I wanted to let you know about a new software tool that just came out recently. It's called Poker Sherlock and the best thing about it is that it just doesn't work on one or just a few poker rooms like other programs - it's already configured for over 100 and more are being added all the time.

There's already a large selection of stat categories to select from, and is fully user customizable. The stats are displayed right on the poker screen as well as additional stats on a dashboard below it.

I've been using this for about a month as I'm a friend of the owners and they asked me to help out with input on it prior to its release. I've tried out pretty much everything out there and this thing definitely kicks butt, and will only get better as I know they want to keep having the #1 product out there. I'm recommending it to members of my site and haven't heard anything but the best feedback so far.

Since I usually play on Pacific it's especially nice since the players out there don't have much of a clue anyway and now I have a big advantage in software too (heh heh).

If you'd like to check this out they are offering a 2 day free trial of the thing then you can decide for yourself if you want it or not. To get the free trial, click on http://pokersherlock.com/trysherlock.html.

KC
kingcobrapoker.com
Old 07-05-2005, 07:53 PM

Default Re: New Software on the Block

wait, so is this like PokerEdge/PokerScores or is it more like PokerTracker/PokerOffice? I couldn't tell by the website.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:55 PM

link doesn't work because there is a period in it.

http://www.pokersherlock.com/
Old 07-05-2005, 08:39 PM

oh course full tilt isnt on there
Old 07-05-2005, 08:39 PM

Does this product collect hand histories from its clients or does it mine everything on its own hardware?
Old 07-05-2005, 09:13 PM

Looks decent, but since it's just starting out seems like it has a small database. It needs to allow more then 6 stats at a time on the HUD to make it a worthwhile playing tool, right now it's good at table selection. One thing I really like is the known hands display which would really help during play.

In the past week I've found out about Poker Edge, PokerScores, and now this program. All are similarly priced (this one a bit more at $15, but no extra charge for all limits) and have lots of stats to offer, what they differ on is the HUD's. So far PokerScore and PokerSherlock are better then PE. The display on score is a little better then sherlock, but with the amount of sites this program covers will make me think about using it. I'll try out a few sites to see how many players they have covered.

One question before I end, how does this program gather information from the sites, hand histories or some form of live gathering of data?

Edit- Few problems after testing it.
1. Can't play on more then one site at a time. So if you want to 8 table on the party network, no go. Or play a soft game on pacific and some other games on party no go.
2. For cryptic logic sites, only supports one game at a time.
3. Slow load time when fetching info on players.
4. Small database

Points one and two defiantly need to be addressed before I'd consider spending money on it. The slow load times I can deal with if I use this as my HUD and the database will grow.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:25 AM

Yeah sorry about the link - it's http://pokersherlock/com/trysherlock.html

The database is on the small side right now since the software has only been released very recently. I don't expect they have many users yet.

There are some sites not on there like Full Tilt but I've been told they will be adding more but have a good start already I'd say [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The data is collected on their server which keeps you from having to host it, as well as allowing data to be collected from all users. What I've done to help things out is to leave the thing running while I'm not playing and help mine the games I play. All the data is mined through live play actually, and not from hand histories, which allows it to work with sites that don't supply them.

As far as I know it does only run on one site at a time. I'll mention to the guy if it's possible to get the thing to work at more than one.

The "slow load time" has to do with the way the software fetches the data from the poker client. It has to wait until the end of the hand as you will notice. I've never found this to be a problem though since you're not in the first hand you see when you open a game.

KC
kingcobrapoker.com
Old 07-06-2005, 02:31 AM

I checked into the multi game thing for you and a guy I know uses it on Party skins to play 8 tables. He says he opens up Party first with Sherlock then opens up Empire with it already running and it works fine for him. Might want to give this a try. As far as playing on different networks I passed that along to the people.

KC
kingcobrapoker.com
Old 07-06-2005, 05:58 AM

Yeah I hear ya man [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'm guessing the problem with Full Tilt is that there hasn't been too many requests for it, but there's one more now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'm going to pass this along to the owners and hopefully they can get this added for you soon.

KC
kingcobrapoker.com
Old 07-06-2005, 10:35 AM

And why isn't this spam again?