Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Wimpy fold on fourth? 5/10, high

I'd like for you to tell me what you think of my wimpy fold on fourth, aggressive play on third, and my opponent in the one seats play on third, and fourth..

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___raises___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___raises

4th Street - (10.20 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___raises
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls

5th Street - (7.10 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (9.10 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks

River - (9.10 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks

Total pot: (9.10 BB)

Results:
Main Pot: $88 | Rake: $3

Seat 1: [ 7d 7h Td Kd Qd 8c 3h ] [ a pair of sevens -- Kd,Qd,Td,7d,7h ]

Seat 8: [ Jd Js 6d Tc 5d Ah 2d ] [ a pair of jacks -- Ah,Jd,Js,Tc,6d ]
Old 07-05-2005, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Wimpy fold on fourth? 5/10, high

I don't know, I lean towards folding just because I would think that there is a chance that you are crushed, but at the same time, from his position it is a great chance to try and get it heads up which will probably benefit whatever hand he has.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:07 PM

What would be your opinion of the 1 seat?
Old 07-05-2005, 01:18 PM

That he is probably very aggressive and is someone who will try moves like I mentioned. I think if you KNEW that he was trying to isolate the raiser a good move would actually be to reraise seat 1 and try to fold the other seat as to get it heads up with seat 1. With you Ace kicker I think your hand does well heads up against him correct?
Old 07-05-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That he is probably very aggressive and is someone who will try moves like I mentioned. I think if you KNEW that he was trying to isolate the raiser a good move would actually be to reraise seat 1 and try to fold the other seat as to get it heads up with seat 1. With you Ace kicker I think your hand does well heads up against him correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I agree. I think his move on fourth is reasonable, but I think its just a case of an aggressive fish doing the right thing, but not really knowing why..

What leads me to believe this is his 3rd street call. I mean, he raised 2 limpers with a pair of 7's and a dead kicker, and called not 1, but TWO LIMP RERAISES. That can't be the sign of a good player, right?
Old 07-05-2005, 01:33 PM

Oh yes, I thought you were talking about his raise. I agree with you completely, I think I could be beating this man at the 2-4 I played last night (which was incredibly soft by the way) and he is probably a nitwit
Old 07-06-2005, 01:48 AM

I would raise coming in with your hand. With a Ten gone, I would just as soon buy the antes. Having limped, I would just call the raise. I don't want to play a big pot with a dead hand.

On fourth, I think you have to let it go. Both Tens are gone, and the other guys seem to like their hands.

I think the 1 seat was a mite over-aggressive on this hand.