Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 09:49 AM

Default 5-5 deep stacks...interesting turn and river

10-handed game with deep stacks. Villian is UTG and has 22K+. I have 4k. Villian is very solid but capable of bluffing. I’ve made many comments making fun of how tight he is and I believe I have him primed to bluff at me. I’ve never seen him make a big bluff before but I’ve suspected many.

Villain opens for $10 (which basically means nothing) two callers, I raise to $60 from the button with AsQs, villain reraises to $160, the limpers fold and I call.

Flop: Ad – 7s – 4s

Villain bets $300 and I call

Turn 7h (Ad – 7s – 4s)

Check, check

River 4c

Villain bets $800 and hero ____________________

Comments?
Old 07-05-2005, 09:59 AM

Default Re: 5-5 deep stacks...interesting turn and river

An ace probably just checks the river, since he reraised pf it can be resonable to assume he doenst have a four or seven unless he is full, anyway it tough, just gotta make a read and go with
Old 07-05-2005, 10:08 AM

You're gonna move all in here, in case he's "bluffing" with 66, 88, 99, TT, JJ, QQ, or KK. You might get him to lay down a weak ace, since the kicker on the board is only 4. Don't show if he folds though, in case it was a complete bluff where he couldn't beat the board; as it is, you literally cannot beat any hand that beats the board. Plus, if you force him to fold, he might start steaming and try bluffing you more, just to prove he can do it. Then you can take all of his money.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
10-handed game with deep stacks. Villian is UTG and has 22K+. I have 4k. Villian is very solid but capable of bluffing. I’ve made many comments making fun of how tight he is and I believe I have him primed to bluff at me. I’ve never seen him make a big bluff before but I’ve suspected many.

Villain opens for $10 (which basically means nothing) two callers, I raise to $60 from the button with AsQs, villain reraises to $160, the limpers fold and I call.

Flop: Ad – 7s – 4s

Villain bets $300 and I call

Turn 7h (Ad – 7s – 4s)

Check, check

River 4c

Villain bets $800 and hero ____________________

Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]
At first glance i thought raising flop would be a good option, but that lets of hands such as KK/QQ very easily.
I would call river.
I can see KK and QQ here.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:20 AM

Villain is a very solid professional and is not going to get steamed no matter what i do (short of making fun of his mother or something)....I think that he thinks that i think that he plays too tight....between calling, folding, and raising allin i think raising is by far the worst option.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:23 AM

Is this Doug?
Old 07-05-2005, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're gonna move all in here, in case he's "bluffing" with 66, 88, 99, TT, JJ, QQ, or KK. You might get him to lay down a weak ace, since the kicker on the board is only 4. Don't show if he folds though, in case it was a complete bluff where he couldn't beat the board; as it is, you literally cannot beat any hand that beats the board. Plus, if you force him to fold, he might start steaming and try bluffing you more, just to prove he can do it. Then you can take all of his money.

[/ QUOTE ]
your logic is seriously flawed.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides your tilt idea... why raise all-in? You beat any of those pairs anyways. Raising all-in just gets them to fold, and only gets you called by hands you lose to. Maybe there's a 5% chance you can get a 4 to fold; but that means you're representing AA or a 7. I don't see either of those playing like that preflop.

I call here.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:31 AM

No....if it was doug, i would be sure he had AA and would fold in a heartbeat.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:34 AM

Right, thats what i figured.
Roger then? or is it some1 who started playing there recently.
There are more ppl who sit with 20k+ stacks these days?