Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 12:53 AM

Default different types of poker

How many of you regularly play different types of poker? I'm trying to alternate between 6max and full ring limit and its confusing me more than I think it should, maybe because I'll only play one for a week or two then try the other for a bit. Do (or did) any of you have trouble with some variation like this or an even more different one (like NL and FL)?
Old 07-05-2005, 01:26 AM

Default Re: different types of poker

I've been mixing 6-Max and full ring recently, and not having much trouble. I also mix in a lot of Triple Draw, and used to mix in some Stud/8. I think mixing in different games has been very helpful to my play.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:44 AM

I like to play some .5/1 Omaha 8. Even though I lose at it, it's a nice change of pace. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2005, 01:52 AM

i switch between fl and nl a lot. i prefer limit, but when the nl tables look too good to pass up, i'll take a break from fl for a while. when i am in a slump, its also nice to go to nl for a while and relax. whenever i do this, my limit game almost always gets much better(more aggressive). it helps get me out of my passive mood if i have been getting raped by retards for a few days in a row.