Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2005, 08:03 PM

Default A Couple All-Ins from my 1st Tourney...

These hands were from a home game 13 person tourney that started out on 2 tables. Start with T1000, blinds start at 5/10 and double every 15 minutes. Winner take almost-all, 2nd place gets his money back. I don't really know anybody here so no reads really.

Hand #1 -
It's pretty early but I'm the short stack or one of the short stacks anyway at around 800 chips; blinds are 10/20 maybe? 4 or 5 limpers I get K7 in BB. Flop is 742. I bet the pot (around T100) everyone folds, 1 guy raises another 100. I call. Turn's a 10, I check, he bets 50. Small bet, I call. River's a Q, I move in. How dumb is that? He had me slightly covered in chips; what can he call me with here?

Hand #2 same chip situation. I get QJo on button folded to me. I raise to 120, blinds are 20/40. SB makes a small reraise, BB calls, I call. Flop is K75. Check, check, I move all in. There was ~600 in the pot and I had about the same amount in my stack. Worth it to take a stab at it?

Let me have it..
Old 07-04-2005, 08:06 PM

Default Re: A Couple All-Ins from my 1st Tourney...

[ QUOTE ]
These hands were from a home game 13 person tourney that started out on 2 tables. Start with T1000, blinds start at 5/10 and double every 15 minutes. Winner take almost-all, 2nd place gets his money back. I don't really know anybody here so no reads really.

Hand #1 -
It's pretty early but I'm the short stack or one of the short stacks anyway at around 800 chips; blinds are 10/20 maybe? 4 or 5 limpers I get K7 in BB. Flop is 742. I bet the pot (around T100) everyone folds, 1 guy raises another 100. I call. Turn's a 10, I check, he bets 50. Small bet, I call. River's a Q, I move in. How dumb is that? He had me slightly covered in chips; what can he call me with here?

Hand #2 same chip situation. I get QJo on button folded to me. I raise to 120, blinds are 20/40. SB makes a small reraise, BB calls, I call. Flop is K75. Check, check, I move all in. There was ~600 in the pot and I had about the same amount in my stack. Worth it to take a stab at it?

Let me have it..

[/ QUOTE ]

Search for Ben Franklin's "how to beat the party 10+1" thread. You are playing WAY too loose!
Old 07-04-2005, 08:15 PM

I read that, doesn't the structure in my tourney make it necessary to make more moves when you're not getting cards? I felt like if I waited for AA-JJ/AK I'd get blinded off quickly.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read that, doesn't the structure in my tourney make it necessary to make more moves when you're not getting cards? I felt like if I waited for AA-JJ/AK I'd get blinded off quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]
The point is that you will play almost 0 hands until the blinds get up to 40/80 and higher. After that, you should be pushing a lot more.