Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2005, 02:58 AM

Default Comments on the Multi-tabling Article- July

I am assuming the writer is refering to those who play 8 or more tables?

I play 3-4 over a dial-up connection and have yet to have a problem. I keep 5-6 pokersites open as well. I have no experienced any problems. I have the occasional delay (maybe once every 25-30 hours) and have only had 3 complete disconnects in 6-months.

I really would not say a broadband connection is essential. I can't speak for anything above 6-tables, but I am pretty sure my dial-up would handle 8.
Old 07-04-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Comments on the Multi-tabling Article- July

[ QUOTE ]
I really would not say a broadband connection is essential. I can't speak for anything above 6-tables, but I am pretty sure my dial-up would handle 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will and I wouldn't even comment if he hadn't said:

"In fact, if you are using a dial-up connection to play poker, the rest of the tips probably won't help you much as the limiting factor with regard to the number of tables you can handle will always be your connection speed."
Old 07-04-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Comments on the Multi-tabling Article- July

thanks for the comment. I'll admit that I was making assumptions based on my own experiences with dial-up (not being able to play more than 2-3 tables without being frustrated by constant timeout errors). I'm impressed that your connection can handle so many tables. that being said, the article dealt with maximizing no. tables played, and I imagine that for most players attempting to do this, a broadband connection would be crucial.