Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2003, 08:33 PM

Default picasso movie

picasso is my favorite so i am biased and you should pay no attention to this post.
le mystere picasso= the mystery of picasso. great movie made in the 1950's and released a few years back. mostly he paints from behind a board and you get to watch. fantastic.
another movie that i liked better still was picasso on picasso. same type of format.

sorry to bore the real men but happy to entertain the wussies.
Old 02-02-2003, 09:56 PM

Default Re: picasso movie

Ray,

There's still hope for you. I've got a Picasso poster in my kitchen, and it's the most appropriate place for it considering the subject of the painting.

Here's another film for you. Go see Antonio Gaudi by Hiroshi Teshigahara. Gaudi was a Spanish architect whose work influenced Picasso, Miro, and Dali. The film also includes an excellent soundtrack by Toru Takemitsu.

Happy viewing

Mark
Old 02-02-2003, 10:05 PM

Ray, I saw the Picasso movie you are referring to and it was fascinating. Also, did you know they destroyed all of the paintings he made for that movie. Millions of dollars up in smoke.

I recently saw the movie "Frida." It is about an artist that was married to a very famous Mexican artist, whose name escapes me. This was an excellent movie I think you might enjoy.

PS They keep paging a Ray Z at the Commerce Club. Are you in town?
Old 02-02-2003, 10:58 PM

timer, it was diego rivera. he did wonderful murels. if you get to san fran. go to the art college near the wharf. they have a great one there. and a good place to eat a meal and look out over the bay for 5 bucks.

no i am in montana. there are a few guys going by ray z in the poker world. i havent eliminated them all yet.
Old 02-02-2003, 11:28 PM

Easy now, I bought the DVD of Amelie at Costco to test out my new DVD player on your recommendation. Have not watched it, but assume I can without selling my guns or buying a miata or vw new beetle.
Old 02-03-2003, 12:42 AM

"I recently saw the movie "Frida." It is about an artist that was married to a very famous Mexican artist, whose name escapes me."

Frida Kahlo was married to Diego Rivera, one of the greatest muralists and painters of Mexico.

-Zeno
Old 02-03-2003, 12:46 AM

Default Re: Dali movie ?

Mark,

A question. I heard or read somewhere that DALI made or was involved in making a film back in the 20's or 30's. Do you know anything about it? The surrealist in me wants to know. Thanks.

-Zeno
Old 02-03-2003, 01:00 AM

i dont think he did as he was born in the early 1900's, so he would have been fairly young and unrecognized then.
Old 02-03-2003, 01:23 AM

Zeno,

Dali teamed up with Luis Bunuel for two films, Un Chein Andalou and L'Age D'Or, and later he worked with Alfred Hitchcock to stage the dream sequence in Spellbound. The first two are by far the best.

John
Old 02-03-2003, 01:31 AM

Ray,

Thanks for the entertainment. I've seen it on VHS, but I've heard it's played recently on the screen. Now, we might as well go for the Clouzot triology and add Diabolique to The Wages of Fear and The Mystery of Picasso as must see films.

BTW, a few years ago I saw an exhibition of Picasso's early work in Boston; it was fascinating to see the changes and development. A few works were included that were done before he was thirteen.

John