Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 09:17 PM

Default Ms. Pacman

So I recently bought Arcade Classics for X-box and remembered how great this game is. I remember reading somewhere how Phil Ivey is amazing at this game. I think I'm good, but am sure others are better. Does anybody still play this? What are some of your top scores?
Old 06-28-2005, 09:27 PM

Default Re: Ms. Pacman

I don't remember my highest score, but I did pwn the high score at one of the cabinets near where I lived during the summers and it was a pretty competitive cabinet.

EDIT: Also, I can't imagine playing this game without a joystick. I can't imagine being able to pummel the x-box controller the way I pummeled the joystick on the actual machine. Pummel = cabinet shaking.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:16 PM

Ms. Pacman is the greatest game ever, but the size of her mouth always hurt my concentration. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

-Michael
Old 06-28-2005, 10:38 PM

I stole this without permission from barrygreenstein.com

[ QUOTE ]

Amusing anecdote

Phil had started playing in Los Angeles several years back and he asked me, “Where is the best place to live?” I told him, “I live in the best area, but it’s pretty pricy.” Phil always thinks big. He said, “I want to take a look at it.”

He came over to the house with his wife Luciaetta, and I needled him when I said, “See, this is how a successful poker player lives.” He said, “This is out of my league now, but some day I’ll own a big house like this, too.” Phil was especially interested in the sit-down Ms. Pac Man game that was in my gameroom. I mentioned that I bought it for my girlfriend because she was the best that I had ever seen at it. He said he was the best that anyone had ever seen. I got a call from someone at the airport who wanted me to pick them up. Phil and Luciaetta were having fun with my kids and I asked them if they minded watching my kids until I got back. Phil asked, “Can I play the Ms. Pac Man game?” I said, “Of course.” When I returned an hour later, Phil was still sitting playing the game. He smiled and said, “Well, your girlfriend doesn’t have the high score anymore.”"

good story

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-28-2005, 10:51 PM

I remember getting to a point where the power pellets did nothing... but that was on the high-speed version. Don't recall what my score was.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:54 PM

I have gotten up to 150k.

You know when they have those little movie scenes in between rounds? The farthest I have gotten is when the stork drops the baby pacman to them.

Maybe farther, but my memory is fuzzy. I know I got past the crimson colored stage where power balls/pellets arent useful for killing the ghosties.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:54 PM

This is the greatest game of all time. It is my goal in life to one day own an authentic arcade-style... umm... unit. This game rocks and I play it every time I get the chance.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:58 PM

Location: Typing \"nice runner runner\" over and over and over and over and over and over

[ QUOTE ]
This is the greatest game of all time. It is my goal in life to one day own an authentic arcade-style... umm... unit. This game rocks and I play it every time I get the chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ms. Pacman and Galaga are the two greatest arcade games of all time.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:01 PM

I think if I am ever lucky enough to get rich in the future, a purchase of a ms. pac man / galaga machine would def be in the works
Old 06-28-2005, 11:14 PM

This is horribly, horribly geeky, but...

One of my coworkers has the cocktail game in his office. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] 3 years ago, we had an interoffice contest, leading up to the Christmas holiday. Every quarter put in went to the prize pool. First prize was a GameBoy Color, 2nd and 3rd were gift certs from Wherehouse. Last place had to take 1-3 out to lunch. I won with 398,000+. Never came close after that, and can only break 200K occasionally now.