Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 03:31 PM

Default where can i find the best pro\'s?

i've been looking around the high limit tables looking for pro's to watch and all i can find is mahatma at UB. He killed yesterday, bought in for 10k, i watch him double up and then i leave for 30 minutes and i find him sitting alone with $39,000 at the 50-100NL.

But it seems like he's the only one that will play that limit, with all the countless pro's and whales in the world you'd think the high stakes tables would be full 24-7, literally, somewhere on earth it's grind time right?

i have prima poker sites, i have UB, Party, Paradise, Full T, Stars, Pokerroom, Absolute, and either they don't have high stakes tables or their tables are nearly empty.

Can anyone give me some screen names to look for? I'd really like to find Diagastino or however you spell his name. Do most real pro's play limit, like Chan on Rounders? Or do they play lower stakes for the easy money?
Old 06-27-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: where can i find the best pro\'s?

Pros do play on many of the major sites -- however, right now the WSOP is going on, so you probably won't find as many as usual. (Though you will find some...)

John D'Agostino plays on Full Tilt Poker (he was actually playing there yesterday...) On Full Tilt the pros play under their real names. Also, the names are displayed in red font (and any table they are playing at is also displayed in red font) to make them easier to recognize. For Ultimate Bet, if you download the Ultimate Buddy program, it will have the list of their sponsored pros pre-programmed and will tell you when they are logged on. There are other pros who play often on Ultimate Bet, and you can find many of their screen names via a web search.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or do they play lower stakes for the easy money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the top pros like Lederer, Doyle, Greenstein, Farha, etc. multi-table 3-6 to 15-30 limit hold'em games when playing online because they can play so many tables and make easy money. Kind of strange when you think about the stakes they play for live, but it is easy money for them with no risk, so they play a ton of tables at the lower limits when online.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:26 PM

Do you know what sites Sam Farha and Barry Greenstein play on? I've seen Howard Lederer play on Full Tilt, but not too often (I don't recall him multi-tabling, and also the traffic on Full Tilt is not as high as some of the other sites). I assume Doyle Brunson plays on Doyle's Room [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], but I've never use that site.

The stakes do seem really low for them. Even if they played perfect poker for several hours of multi-tabling, it wouldn't be enough to post a blind in the "big game." [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I wonder also if these players are more paranoid about playing very high stakes online because of the possibility of facing colluders. I vaguely remembering hearing that some top player said something to that effect, but I could be wrong.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the top pros like Lederer, Doyle, Greenstein, Farha, etc. multi-table 3-6 to 15-30 limit hold'em games when playing online because they can play so many tables and make easy money. Kind of strange when you think about the stakes they play for live, but it is easy money for them with no risk, so they play a ton of tables at the lower limits when online.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah man, that Greenstein always had a seat at my 3-6 Party games a year ago.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:33 PM

Oh my.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:34 PM

The pros that play at Full Tilt have some kind of deal with FTP. I dont know the exact deal, but Ive talked to Clonie Gowan about it and she and some other give their winnings to charity.

None of the ones Ive played appear to really be playing like they mean it. I busted Clonie several times when I used to play there and it wasnt real tough so I doubt she was playing her "A" game.

The only one who appears to play for keeps is Paul Wolfe.
John Juanda raises like every other hand. Obviosuly he doesnt really play like that.

So I wouldnt use FTP as a way to learn from the pros.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you know what sites Sam Farha and Barry Greenstein play on? I've seen Howard Lederer play on Full Tilt, but not too often (I don't recall him multi-tabling, and also the traffic on Full Tilt is not as high as some of the other sites). I assume Doyle Brunson plays on Doyle's Room , but I've never use that site.

The stakes do seem really low for them. Even if they played perfect poker for several hours of multi-tabling, it wouldn't be enough to post a blind in the "big game."

I wonder also if these players are more paranoid about playing very high stakes online because of the possibility of facing colluders. I vaguely remembering hearing that some top player said something to that effect, but I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get ready for it....5,4,3(Flame throwers ready),2,1...GO!
Old 06-27-2005, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i heard doyle 18 tables .5/1 NL
Old 06-27-2005, 09:10 PM

at his age? i see him sitting relaxed at a 50-100K limit B&M table, not hunched over a computer trying to make a hundred decisions at once. If anything he paid five college students to advertise his name for him.