Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 12:45 PM

Default *IMPORTANT* Please Read - Forum FAQ/Wiki

Everyone's sick of the seeing the same damn threads all the time. We have a FAQ, but I have no idea why it's not stickied.

AKQJ10 has been trying to push the idea of a SNG Wiki (essentially a community run FAQ). When he first posted it, I simply didn't think it would work. But the more I think about it, the better I like the idea. I've started it off with Citanul's FAQ in Wiki form. I didn't have time to format everything perfectly but I expect stuff to get moved around a lot in the beginning if this picks up. I didn't ask for his permission to reproduce it, but if he asks I'll take it down, or he can just sue me. He could even take it down himself if he wants as this is a community project.

I merely posted it as a starting point. From there, we can all expand on his answers or add new Q/A's as the need arises (e.g. Is this a good example of a Gigabet play? No.) Sections can be added or broken down into subsections as people add more and more content. You don't even necessarily even need to write an article. You see a well explained post that answers a question you see all the time? Go to the wiki and just link to the post. Problem solved.

If people think there's enough interest in doing this, I can help push it really hard to Mat to get it stickied. If you think this is a dumb idea or won't work, let me know that too. But I think the FAQ will evolve and expand very quickly as people get so sick of seeing the same questions and say "F it, I'm just going to Wiki this so I never have to see it again."

It might also be useful in setting up an "up-to-date Shadow thread" so new insightful posts can be added over time, or people can add threads they liked that Shadow might have overlooked. But that's just another thing we can do with this wiki.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: *IMPORTANT* Please Read - Forum FAQ/Wiki

Thanks for announcing this. The FAQ on there looks great.

Just as a small clarification, the wiki includes many different kinds of poker, not just SnGs. But because this forum is putting together an FAQ, the timing of getting the SnG stuff up there for consensus editing is good.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:16 PM

I take it absolutely no one is interested in this, then?
Old 06-27-2005, 07:05 PM

I think it would be good for the forum. I can see a lot of posts asking the same questions over and over disappearing.

I just don't know who will be willing to provide a lot of the content. We could just get the FAQ stickied and then nobody would need to write up the content.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:09 PM

Get FAQ stickied with a link to the wiki.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:25 PM

Meh.

I could just pm myself and ask for the best threads and then within like 15 minutes have the list.

Yugoslav
Old 06-27-2005, 08:02 PM

How many different threads can you say 'Meh' in in one day?
Old 06-27-2005, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only the best ones.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only the best ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav
Old 06-28-2005, 01:18 AM

This needs to be stickied.

If someone can sticky this with a really good subject line that will catch the attention of newbies before they make their first post, the forum will benefit.

I'm still a relative idiot around here, but I remember the first time I came to 2+2 I couldn't figure out the lingo and just left. Finally, I came back and started asking all the dumb questions answered in this sticky until I figured out what was going on.

It's a crime that there is no sticky in the STT forum. Of course, I guess that would make for more people here learning how to play. Hmmm...