Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Question about a live tournament

In the early goings of a live tournament with me and friends the other night and I'm 2nd chipstack the table folds to me in the CO and I look down to find 44. I merely call the big blind trying to flop a set, of course. Button folds, SB, <b>who is also the chipleader</b> calls, and BB calls.

Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], SB checks, BB goes all-in for his last 2-300, I forget and I get all bug-eyed and instantly re-raise all-in. (About 600-800 more chips, perhaps maybe more) Was this the proper play to try and get this pot heads up or should I have merely called the BB's all-in bet?

SB calls my all-in bet and turns over 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I freak out. OESFD! BB flips over a King of some sort, maybe an Ace I can't really remember..anywho the flop comes 8 of [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and of course the river is the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Question here is, was the all-in bet from me necessary? If the SB raises ME all-in I have to call, right? Blinds were 10/20, and I figured this was a great time to go ahead and get on up there with the chip leader.