Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Player notes\\reads

This is the area of poker I have long struggled with.
Been playing for around a year and have been an overall winner, mainly focusing on 1/2 6max.

However, my problem is that I rarely pay attention to the other players. In the past few months, I was either playing 3-4 tables(mainly due to bankroll bonuses), playing 2 tables + tournament, playing 1 table + watching TV, all while browsing the internet (reading 2+2, etc) and using instant messengers.

I rarely notice anything standoutish about players unless they are super super aggressive. I have pokertracker and have tried to use GT+ but it rarely works.

Now to the real part..what do you pay attention to while trying to make notes on players? Can you post some sample notes that you have on opponents?

I have been playing purely from a "my card" perspective, and though I still believe I'm a winning player(the "my card" perspective sounds worse than it is, I feel that I play well postflop and usually know whether I am winning or not), I won't be able to go much further without improving this aspect of my game.

Thanks