Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 02:42 PM

Default sub 50%

Past 4 days at 200sngs played and sitting below 50% on my showdowns. At first no biggie it will equal out. But at this point I am really starting to wonder if I am at the worst it is going to get or if I am truly doing something wrong.

I have approx 1500 sngs in total. Am a profitable player at all lvls up to 100's. Well not sure about the 100's after past 4 days.

Would love to post some examples, but all that does is get flames.

I am truly asking for help here not sympathy, please tell me how to go about it, so I get something productive out of it instead of wah wah wah. hehe.

JJ
Old 06-22-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Re: sub 50%

Nobody is going to be able to help you with that kind of information. That's like going up to a hitting coach and having this conversation.

You: I keep striking out. What is wrong?
Coach: Um. You're not hitting the ball?
You: Well what do I need to do to change it?
Coach: Start hitting the ball?
Old 06-22-2005, 02:50 PM

Dump your weaker hands and only go to showdown with your stronger ones.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:03 PM

I'm going to try to be helpful; not usual "SFB" smartass, so will my enemies please cool their jets just this once?

To say that "I'm below 50% on my showdowns" is complete gibberish...do you mean "I'm below 50% on my 50/50 coinflips"???...If so, How far below?...How many?...If you have had 1000 real 50/50 situations and had fewer than 380 winners, then the game is probably rigged [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]...But, did you really keep track?...Were they really 50/50? or were some of them actually closer to 40/60?...How concerned are you about "today's" results? Really concerned/A little concerned/Couldn't care less ?....

ALL PLAYERS HAVE LOSING DAYS
ALL PLAYERS HAVE LOSING WEEKS
LOTS OF GOOD PLAYERS HAVE LOSING MONTHS
SOME REALLY-GOOD PLAYERS HAVE LOSING YEARS

How sideways are you about a 4-day loser?
Old 06-22-2005, 03:07 PM

We cant tell you whats wrong with your game because you didnt provide us with enough information.

But I feel ya pain though. Ive been running sub 50% on my showdowns for the past 2 weeks. It happens. Just gotta be psychologically strong enough to withstand it, and move forward.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:36 PM

You know you bring up a good point. I really need to start keeping better track of all my games. I am just going off the party poker stats they give. From what I have seen of that these are only the percentages to showdown. So steals etc are not in there. But I normally run in the high 60's to low 70's. I am a sick tight player, and am usually in with the best of it.

So when I say showdown percentage it is all showdowns. Coin flips, dominated situations (for me or against me), 60/40's, over pair vs under pair. For the most part it is mainly ai's.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Past 4 days at 200sngs played and sitting below 50% on my showdowns.
JJ

[/ QUOTE ]

It is an absolute, fundamental mistake to be concerned about your showdown percentage, for so many reasons. And I'm not talking about variance. Think it through.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:41 PM

That was part of my question. I have posted hand histories here before that end in a bad beat. And all they do is get flamed. So it is like a catch 22, if you post you get flamed, if ya don't post then no one can help hehe.

But you actually kind of answered my question. 200 games I guess still isn't enough to base anything on. Providing your playing your game and not tilting. Yeah I have got mad during this, but I get up walk away and come back just fine.

thanks

JJ
Old 06-22-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know you bring up a good point. I really need to start keeping better track of all my games. I am just going off the party poker stats they give. From what I have seen of that these are only the percentages to showdown. So steals etc are not in there. But I normally run in the high 60's to low 70's. I am a sick tight player, and am usually in with the best of it.

So when I say showdown percentage it is all showdowns. Coin flips, dominated situations (for me or against me), 60/40's, over pair vs under pair. For the most part it is mainly ai's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given this information, I can with 99% confidence tell you that your problem is one of 3 scenarios.

1. You've been getting it in with the worst of it and you are not playing well.

2. You are getting it in with the best of it and been getting unlucky.

3. A mixture of 2 and 3.

I hope this helps.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:45 PM

Maybe I misunderstood your post?...and, you can help me with a question [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
When you said "showdown statistics less than 50%" did you mean the stats obtained by right-clicking your seat while playing?...If so, aren't thos stats just for the current session?...If so, how do you know what they were for all 200 SnG's?