Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 06:14 AM

Default My Report Card (310 SNGs)

Most of these are in the 11s although a handful have been in the 22s as of late. I'm actually doing better there although it's a small sample (cashed the last 6 in a row, but I just jinxed that). All at UB, needless to say. It took slightly over a month to do this many playing 3-tables at a time as of late (the UB limit).

ROI: 17.6% / ITM: 36.5%

1st - 14.5% / 45
2nd - 10.6% / 33
3rd - 11.3% / 35
4th - 11.0% / 34
5th - 14.5% / 45
6th - 11.3% / 35
7th - 10.0% / 31
8th - 9.7% / 30
9th - 4.2% / 13
10th - 2.9% / 9

So that's $629 profit in about a month on a roll that started out with $50 in it. Not much for you $215 eleventy-billion-tabling types but as long as I can soemtimes pay for things with poker winnings, I consider it a victory.

I have taken the lessons of this forum and it is helping me win - I wanted to be up at 20%/40% but I won't complain. I win more than I lose at home games as well.

My next step is to go over the many tens of thousands of hands I've imported into PokerTracker and see what I can learn from that. No doubt cringing at some of my plays from as recently as a month ago...

I'm still a LAG but I am a winning player at these levels and I hope to continue to improve and maybe move up the ranks thanks to the kindness and wisdom of fellow 2+2ers whom I NEVER have to play against since I play at the evil Ultimate Bet. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Although I'm undefeated when playing regs here - ask johnnybeef. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2005, 06:22 AM

Default Re: My Report Card (310 SNGs)

solid record, should probably consider doing party since you couldve added $75 or so to that from rakeback
Old 06-22-2005, 06:31 AM

i think you have me on ignore. anyway...

this is a good job and very simmilar to my stats. keep up the good work because making a profit is a good thing.

as the last poster suggested try out party/skin. why? because you will get a rakeback of 25+%. rakeback will help but wont make a big difference.

i think if you spent 1 week learning the party structure you would have a greater hourly rate and maybe a greater ROI. its easyer to learn how to play a good game in party.

i started from UB and now i understand why party is better.

GL
Old 06-22-2005, 06:34 AM

Funnilly enough your distribution of finishes is almost exactly the same as my latest recorded 130ish 20+2s at betonbet (though i expect my true rate to be a couple of points higher).

Your play seems solid enough from your results. 17.6% is something to be proud of - just work through your hand hists, try and find leaks and polish your game.

Your distribution of 4th through 1st is nice and its obvious your know a little about heads up play.

Early game is solid enough, your end game is certainly good, but the mid game is where you can pick up a few percentile points.

I need to get pokertracker thats for sure. Your a step ahead there; gl going over your games and post hands which your unsure of.

Edit:
[ QUOTE ]
as the last poster suggested try out party/skin. why? because you will get a rakeback of 25+%. rakeback will help but wont make a big difference.

i think if you spent 1 week learning the party structure you would have a greater hourly rate and maybe a greater ROI. its easyer to learn how to play a good game in party.

i started from UB and now i understand why party is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party is usually more profitable for hourly rates. 1500 chips games are generally better for ROI, but certainly better for developing your MTT tourney skills. Its my opinion, though cannot back this up with more than anecdotal evidence, that larger stack and slower (even slightly) structures equate to a lower variance overall.

Just cos everyone plays at party, doesnt mean you should (there are many factors why you shouldnt, the amount of 2+2 players is a big one). If i were recommending a fast structure site it would be prima.

Phill
Old 06-22-2005, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
rakeback will help but wont make a big difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, Ive made $950 in rakeback so far this month alone...
Old 06-22-2005, 06:40 AM

at 100 games a week rakeback is like 200 a month kind of small

oh yah also i think you need to work on your 8th place finishes.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:41 AM

I don't have you on ignore. I don't have anyone on ignore. Sorry if I gave you that impression.

I have played Party and I don't like it. I like playing suited connectors, seeing flops, making blind steals that don't involve pushing, making value bets on the river - essentially, I like playing poker.

The advise here has tightened my game up considerably and that has been a blessing but I still play far looser than most here. I can do that with more chips and longer levels without hurting myself. I consider that fun. (Please note that I don't begrudge anyone else what they want to do.)

I also have ZERO 2+2 competition and you fuckers are ROI-killers I'm sure...
Old 06-22-2005, 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also have ZERO 2+2 competition and you fuckers are ROI-killers I'm sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

but you do at jarrods!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I like playing suited connectors, seeing flops, making blind steals that don't involve pushing, making value bets on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what mtts are for...sngs are for pure profit.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:48 AM

the only thing i didnt like about UB is the amount of time a sit n go would last..

and the fact that you really need to be aware of what players at the table are doing. this makes 3tbls harder.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but you do at jarrods!!!

[/ QUOTE ]I do and I do pretty well there as you know. I am the reigning Westerville World Series of Poker POY, after all. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And I paid off my credit cards thanks to the home games I've played and the occassional online MTT I've popped.

[ QUOTE ]
thats what mtts are for...sngs are for pure profit.

[/ QUOTE ]One can profit and have fun, yes? As much as the thought of playing poker for a living is both intriguing and terrifying, if it ever became a "job," I'd go back to Scrabble which I was once very good at.