Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Presenting...Poetic Justice Theatre...(no content)

I sit down to play a $10 SNG Headsup match on Stars.

1st hand, I get dealt...something...don't remember what, but not important. But, I call down to the river with nothing, preparing to bet if something hits or bluff if not...small mini-bets the whole way. Scare card puts four to a straight on the board, and I bet out.

Turns out that my opponent is a table captain, who folds, saying, "Lucky."

TC proceeds to berate me constantly over the entire course of the match, calling me lucky and a bad player repeatedly, during which I systematically dismantle his chip stacks and win the match. The entire time, I did nothing but confirm his suspicions that I was, indeed, a lucky player.

Ahh...nothing better than beating a table captain...
Old 06-21-2005, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Presenting...Poetic Justice Theatre...(no content)

Great story and post, really interesting! Thx!
Old 06-21-2005, 09:09 PM

I was thinking about this some more. This is really hilarious. I mean, here is this guy, sitting there calling you "lucky" and "bad player" but little did he know, you were not some random dude, you were a dominating 2+2er!!!! Way to go man, that must have been really sweet dismantling him in such a systematic manner with surgical precision. I bet he still doesn't know what hit him! Sounds like you made some pretty sweet power poker plays on him, too.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking about this some more. This is really hilarious. I mean, here is this guy, sitting there calling you "lucky" and "bad player" but little did he know, you were not some random dude, you were a dominating 2+2er!!!! Way to go man, that must have been really sweet dismantling him in such a systematic manner with surgical precision. I bet he still doesn't know what hit him! Sounds like you made some pretty sweet power poker plays on him, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, with all the help that you provide to the High Stakes forums, you, El Douchebag, are a complete co.ckbag. I find it ironic (do you know what that means?) that your little avatar and the reason for your gay handle, is a [censored] with a mask on. The irony, is that you are a [censored], and you use your computer as a mask so that you can act big and bad. Get it? Pretty ironic, no?

Listen El Dbag, everybody starts somewhere, and not everybody enjoys a meteoric rise to the upper echelon of internet poker. For some, winning 50 bucks on the back of somebody who is berating them constantly makes for a pretty good day. Just cause its one of your blinds doesn't make it any less of a feat for that person.

Re-evaluate your life, grab your mouse with your right hand, and try to touch the inside of your eyeball with it. Get over yourself clown.

-Jihad

PS. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2005, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
grab your mouse with your right hand, and try to touch the inside of your eyeball with it

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried this, but I'm not sure I'm understanding your directions properly.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, with all the help that you provide to the High Stakes forums, you, El Douchebag, are a complete co.ckbag. I find it ironic (do you know what that means?) that your little avatar and the reason for your gay handle, is a [censored] with a mask on. The irony, is that you are a [censored], and you use your computer as a mask so that you can act big and bad. Get it? Pretty ironic, no?

Listen El Dbag, everybody starts somewhere, and not everybody enjoys a meteoric rise to the upper echelon of internet poker. For some, winning 50 bucks on the back of somebody who is berating them constantly makes for a pretty good day. Just cause its one of your blinds doesn't make it any less of a feat for that person.

Re-evaluate your life, grab your mouse with your right hand, and try to touch the inside of your eyeball with it. Get over yourself clown.

-Jihad

PS. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so I'm clear, was that a Jihad or a hippie decapitation?
Old 06-22-2005, 10:34 AM

Stop hijacking posts! I liked the direction this one was going.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!!! I was really looking to pick up some pro tips on how to systematically dismantle a chip stack. I had my pad and pencil ready!

I was even hoping that El Diablo and others could share some of their observations on the existential implications of poetic justice in poker, but that really belongs in the new Philosophy forum.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:14 PM

Uh, OK.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!!! I was really looking to pick up some pro tips on how to systematically dismantle a chip stack. I had my pad and pencil ready!

I was even hoping that El Diablo and others could share some of their observations on the existential implications of poetic justice in poker, but that really belongs in the new Philosophy forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just looking forward to El Diablo continuing to rip the OP a new one.