Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Questions including moving up

New poster here. want to thank y'all for the info I've gleaned from the forums here thus far.

I'm considering moving from 11 to 22 for STTs.
Started with $20 in a year or so ago on stars...Up to $600 a bit back on cash Hold-em at $0.50 BB. 6-max tables didn't agree with me...or I lost a bunch quick, so withdrew a bit, then came back to STT's. Right now I'm running about 25% ROI for 80 Single-Table SnGs, with about 50% ITM. My bankroll has increased to a bit over $800, and I'm starting to think about transitioning to $22. I'm a bit conservative when it comes to risking my bankroll.

What should I be thinking about to make the move to 22?
Should I be thinking about the other stars games:
$13 6max, $16 Turbo?
Also, Do y'all have experience with larger tourneys as well (500+)? How well does the skill-set transfer?

Thanks in advance
Old 06-21-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Questions including moving up

[ QUOTE ]
What should I be thinking about to make the move to 22?

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't seem that much more difficult than the 11s. I just played my first $33 a few minutes ago and that doesn't seem difficult either [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I think you are being a little too conservative with moving up. Just make sure you have a rule for moving back down.

[ QUOTE ]
Should I be thinking about the other stars games:
$13 6max, $16 Turbo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever suits your style. If you're good at bubble play, then these may be more profitable. If you like hanging back and waiting for big hand then maybe not. I personally like the non-turbo's. Play both and see where your hourly rate is best.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Questions including moving up

22s are a JOPKE. There might be 5-10% less donks than at the 11s but that's about it. Only difference is more 2+2ers I think.

33s on the other hand are a lot harder on the bubble.

If you feel you are ready and have an adequate bankroll (30-55 buyins) you should move up ASAP.