Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2005, 02:23 AM

Default AJs in a sea of chips

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (16 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls $5.63 (All-In), MP2 folds, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (23.63 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 23.63 BB
Old 06-18-2005, 02:45 AM

Default Re: AJs in a sea of chips

The pot is huge and we're getting 10.5:1 on the flop. We have TP/GK, but the flop is monotone. Its may be likely that someone already has the flush (I think) given the bet and raise. But the curveball here is that MP1 maybe stacking off. Still I think the flop call is too marginal to warrant a call. But if I wanted to see a showdown, I'd play it like you.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The pot is huge and we're getting 10.5:1 on the flop. We have TP/GK, but the flop is monotone. Its may be likely that someone already has the flush (I think) given the bet and raise. But the curveball here is that MP1 maybe stacking off. Still I think the flop call is too marginal to warrant a call. But if I wanted to see a showdown, I'd play it like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really felt like MP1 was stacking off...if he was almost down to the felt, I think I may have folded there.

The turn raise was an attempt to check behind on the river and possibily get a small spade or better Ace out somewhere...my last chip going in this pot.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (16 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls $5.63 (All-In), MP2 folds, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (23.63 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 23.63 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough hand. I think I would normally just call the turn. In this case I like the raise because MP1 is almost all in. If I know I am not folding for someone's entire stack, I like to get crazy aggressive for image reasons.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:29 AM

even though you are getting solid odds with your tpgk, how good is it really with this board and two cards to come here. I'm honestly thinking about folding that there with it being two cold to me
Old 06-18-2005, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
even though you are getting solid odds with your tpgk, how good is it really with this board and two cards to come here. I'm honestly thinking about folding that there with it being two cold to me

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're probably right, KDawg. The pot was enticing me!

Anyway, results FWIW:

UTG+2 had 96 (no spade) for a flop 2 pair that was counterfeited.

MP (all-in) had 39 (no spade) and was truly stacking off.

sb had AK (no spade) and wins the pot with 2 pair, Aces and 4s with a better kicker than mine.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:18 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

big pot but i probably fold to 2 cold on the flop. i imagine you are dead here a significant portion of the time (given all of the callers preflop combined with the flop action). i do like the turn raise to slow everyone down, i am curious if you folded any spades.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:31 AM

i like the flop call. This can help ensure he gets bet into on the turn, a GREAT time to protect his hand with a raise is waiting for the turn to see what comes up. If a spade hits, he hasn't lost much and can fold the the bet. If a blank comes, then SO MUCH of the deck is safe, and a raise to knock players out is in order. Good line.

Any thoughts on that?
Old 06-18-2005, 12:29 PM

I think you played this right. I would have to agree with the other posters in saying that the flop call is marginal. I would probably fold this. There are so many cards that can hurt you and with 8 players, someone may already have hit the flush. I might be worried that it would get raised behind you with so many players. I like ur turn raise though. Other than the flop, it looks good to me.

Pots