Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2005, 12:44 AM

Default Is the Rounders \"Collecter\'s Edition\" DVD any good?

I thought the movie itself was entertaining enough to rewatch once in a while, but is the extra stuff on the DVD any good? I'm talking about the commentary from several poker pros and other non-movie poker material on the DVD. For anyone who has the DVD, is it worth it?
Old 06-18-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Is the Rounders \"Collecter\'s Edition\" DVD any good?

If you're the kind of person who likes listening to director's commentaries, you'll probably like the collector's edition.

The commentaries are entertaining (when compared to other commentaries). Sklansky makes an appearance in one of the extra clips about being a professional gambler too.

Other than that, the extras are pretty worthless. If you don't already own Rounder's, it's probably better to get the collector's addition, but I'd never buy the movie again just for the extras.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:41 AM

i like the players' commentary. phil is phil obv and tries to be the commentary captain, but others pick on him and correct him as necessary. moneymaker kees it real. chan is funny, but ferguson barely talks. . . worth owning imo
Old 06-20-2005, 01:58 PM

I agree with randomstumble, if I had already owned the 1st edition the collectors edition would not have seemed worth it. If you do not own the 1st edition though, the extras in the collectors are entertaining, and interesting.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:19 PM

Phil Helmuth almost ruins the player commentary for me. This guy was more annoying just talking about himself than anything he does while playing. Every chance he gets, he relates something to himiself. If you enjoy the movie, I would get it though.