Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Bankroll Building

I have just recently completed my first 100 and my roi for the $11 buyins is 17.6%. I started with 90 dollars go I am happy to now be over $300, but what is the best way to continue to build my bankroll? I have seen homers post about bonus whoring, is that the best way to go (with $100 or so)? Or is just grinding it out on the $11 a good idea? Thanks for the input.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Bankroll Building

[ QUOTE ]
what is the best way to continue to build my bankroll?

[/ QUOTE ]

keep winning tourneys.

Bonus whoring generally requires you to play ring games, and not SNGs. If you can find a nice bonus that you can clear playing SNGs, go for it. However, if you feel uncomfortable playing ring games, just stick with SNGs and move up when you feel comfortable and as your bankroll permits.

bonus whoring is without a doubt the best way to build a roll. check out his thread and follow his advice. remember one thing though, if you plan on playing sngs seriiously, make sure you get rakeback on the party accounts.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have just recently completed my first 100 [@]$11 [ROI of] 17.6%. I started with 90 dollars go I am happy to now be over $300, but what is the best way to continue to build my bankroll?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do 100 more 11s. I mean it. GL.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:47 PM

Bonus whoring is great, but only if you can play ring games. If you can break even playing .50/1 or 1/2 Limit (and plenty of winning SNG players can't) , then bonus whoring is a great way to get started. If you don't know how to play limit, its a great way to lose your modest bankroll.
oh and one more thing... RAKEBACK! RAKEBACK! RAKEBACK!
Old 06-17-2005, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bonus whoring is great, but only if you can play ring games. If you can break even playing .50/1 or 1/2 Limit (and plenty of winning SNG players can't) , then bonus whoring is a great way to get started. If you don't know how to play limit, its a great way to lose your modest bankroll.
oh and one more thing... RAKEBACK! RAKEBACK! RAKEBACK!

[/ QUOTE ]

i could teach a monkey how to show a profit at the 1/2 on party.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:35 AM

Just 4 table the Party $25NL games like the first 2 rounds of an SnG and you will at the very worst you will break even and win the bonus amount.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:13 AM

There are several sites out there that offer bonuses that can be cleared with SnGs if you dont mind leaving party.

Start with pokerroom, followed by betonbet (pokerroom skin) - the SnGs there are too easy (and i love it). pokerroom has other skins, but they are only browser based without a downloadable client. If you can stand this, then you can do them too.

Whenever stars has a bonus, deposit and withdraw straight away, there are no time limits and the bonuses are stackable. Once you have done the pokerroom and betonbet sign up bonuses, go to stars and clear the ones you have built up, when a new reload opens at pokerroom, go back and do that one if you wish.

Once youve done this for a couple of months, your roll will be well padded and you should be a lot better than you were before. Now go play party with rakeback if you so wish.

You could effectively never play without a bonus using this method, and you can get rakeback at betonbet for definate (this can be used with your bonus as well) and im 99% sure you can get RB for pokerroom. Stars you cant, but their bonuses are much easier to clear if memory serves.

Playing with bonuses should add in the region of 7-10% on your ROI. The only difficulty is getting used to slightly different SnG formats.

Hope this helps someone,

Phill
Old 06-17-2005, 09:27 AM

I get a lot of flack for this, but I primarily play the $5.50 SNGs to build my bankroll - only the sites with 10% juice. At any rate, I've playd about 400 of them and have built my initial $100 to $825. I pulled out my $100 and now I'm playing with winnings.

Even though many beat me up about playing the lower limits, I want to get to $1K before making a dedicated effort at the $11s. I've played 68 of them and have a decent ROI, but I've had strong variance, which fires me up when I drop 8 in a row at the $11s in a way that doesn't fire me up when I drop 8 in a row at the $5.50s.

Also, if you are not doing so, multi-table. You can get in many more games in a quicker fashion. I'm now playing 4-6 tables of $5.50 SNGs on various sites at the same time.

Plenty of action and big cards for the tighty-tight players like me.