Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 02:36 PM

Default KK 40/80

Let me preface this by saying I don't usually play 40/80, but it was my last night in Vegas for awhile, I have more then an ample 40 BR, and the game looked really really good. There was a guy from Alabama playing damn near anything, and he went on a rush that lasted about 16 hours. When I busted out and decided to leave, he probably had about 18k in front of him...he started with 1...

I had been at the table for quite a while when this hand came up, and had a real good read on all involved.

I'm UTG. My image might be a little weak/tight, mostly due to lack of starters and opportunity to make moves...Alabama guy isn't folding...ever.

UTG+1 is an elderly semi-weak/semi-tight tourist. Has high standards, and pays close enough attention to know that I do as well

SB is Alabama guy. Any 2 straight, any 2 suited, ane Ace. Great for a game, when he's missing. Likes to bet draws, any pair blah blah, you get the idea.

I'm UTG with 2 black Kings. I raise.
UTG+1 3 bets.
2 callers (including SB)
I 4 bet. All call, 4 to the flop

Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets out. I raise. UTG+1 3 bets in tempo. All call.

Turn:

7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check. UTG+1 bets SB calls and I muck...

thoughts?

lf
Old 06-16-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: KK 40/80

Good fold. What exactly are you beating here from UTG+1?

Having capped the flop, you can narrow down this hands quite far. Unless you have some pretty specific knowledge (like you overheard him having a conversation while out for a smoke about his theory that AQs should be capped in a three-way pot because blah blah blah... I'm pretty much kdding) to think he would have capped pre-flop AND three-bet on the flop with JJ or AQ, you are losing to just about everything.

I say fold, and expect to see AA 80% of the time and QQ pretty much all of the rest.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:34 PM

I was going to say AQ but then I read the player description again.

Good fold.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:20 PM

The Mirage has a 5 bet cap, so I wasn't certain he had AA, given the lack of a PF 5 bet. I figured he had to have AQ beat to 3 bet the flop though. My initial feeling, actually, was QQ.

lf