Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Please stop with the HH postings

Surely you can not be so lazy to pull out a few hands within a hand history that you're not sure about. The front page alone has like 4 complete HH. Very few people are going to take the time to read the entire thing and then provide feedback. If you really feel the need to have HHs reviewed, please contact someone via PM and maybe you can trade. Maybe I'm alone here, but I'm getting tired of seeing this forum being clogged with this stuff.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Please stop with the HH postings

It's better than the bazillion joke posts.

Really, posting an entire HH only hurts the OP. I've got no problem taking a look at particular hands and analyzing them, and in fact enjoy doing so. I'm sure that's the case with most of the posters here. Those kinds of posts should really account for 90% of the threads here. But when I see a full tourney history, I just skip over it.

I actually was gonna take a look at one, but then it didn't work in the replayer, so I had to pass on that one too.

Anyway, yeah, they should pick out a couple hands. They'll get much better responses that way.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:05 AM

I'd say if anyone wants to see what kind of hand posts get the most responses over the past few months, look at Scuba chuck's posts...thats how a hand should be posted.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:35 AM

I find that a clump of hands is useful (like 5-10 on the bubble for example), since it puts the hands in context of the previous action and the table image of the player. I agree that a whole tourney history is overkill, but it's nice to sometimes follow through a sequence of hands.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:39 AM

collapse the view
Old 06-15-2005, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you really feel the need to have HHs reviewed, please contact someone via PM and maybe you can trade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude. I have always found a lot of your posts to be very helpful, but lately you've turned into the forum bitch.

Practically every post from you lately is telling someone to shut up. What's going on?
Old 06-15-2005, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you really feel the need to have HHs reviewed, please contact someone via PM and maybe you can trade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude. I have always found a lot of your posts to be very helpful, but lately you've turned into the forum bitch.

Practically every post from you lately is telling someone to shut up. What's going on?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I have never posted a helpful post.

Anyways, I'm just getting tired of looking at the front page and seeing 5-6 posts saying "Here's an entire HH where I fold 93o several times. How'd I do?" I read these forums for my own benefit. I don't get anything out of entire HH. I just think it would be better for the entire forum, if we stuck to posting specific hands that really affected our tournament.

As for being forum bitch, as soon as citanul returns, I'll chill.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I have never posted a helpful post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Troll. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
As for being forum bitch, as soon as citanul returns, I'll chill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I <3 CIATNUL!!!!11oNe
Old 06-15-2005, 11:54 AM

The problem is that shorthanded play on sites other than party requires a lot of metagame knowledge and reads.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Surely you can not be so lazy to pull out a few hands within a hand history that you're not sure about. The front page alone has like 4 complete HH. Very few people are going to take the time to read the entire thing and then provide feedback. If you really feel the need to have HHs reviewed, please contact someone via PM and maybe you can trade. Maybe I'm alone here, but I'm getting tired of seeing this forum being clogged with this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then don't read them. What's the big deal? they usually say HH in the subject line anyways.

Besides are you saying you don't want newbs to post HH or anyone? 'Cause I'm sure people would love to see HH's from me/others here. (No, I'm not planning on psting any so don't worry).