Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Bubble question

Four left, Hero is short stack BB with t3900 Blinds 200/400

Dealt 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] . UTG folds, button raises t1100 (of about t11000). SB folds. Read: blind steal with overs. Hero re-raises to t1900, figuring that higher PPs would push. Villan calls.

Flop 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero pushes. Villan shows KJ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and hits the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the turn. Add the groin kick J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the river.

On the bubble is this a push or fold PF? I didn't push because I wanted to be able to escape if the flop looked ugly. I would have about 2000 chips, still short, but not dead. Is this incredibly flawed thinking?

I'm thinking yes, especially the min-raise.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Bubble question

You have less then 10 BB's. You cannot re-raise without pushing in this spot. If you wanted to see the flop so you could escape if it looked bad, then call with position. I personally prefer a push though.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Bubble question

it'd be good to know everybody's stack sizes. also, is 3900 before or after posting? i would probably push pre-flop. i would definitely not min-raise, especially if you intended to fold to a push. if you fold to AK/AQ there, it's a bad bad mistake.