Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2003, 02:15 AM

Default two blind kings

Playing 40-80, just after a "must-move," I pick up [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] K. MP calls, LP raises, button calls cold, and I threebet. All call the three-bet.

Flop is:

[img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 5

I bet and LP and button call. Turn is:

[ [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 5] [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 6

I checked. comments?
Old 01-12-2003, 02:20 AM

Default I was the SB n/m

Old 01-12-2003, 02:39 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: two blind kings

i would have bet and probably folded to a raise

you can't let people bluff you out for 1 bet, especially when you're BEGGING them to do it
Old 01-12-2003, 03:02 AM

Default Re: two blind kings

He didn't say he was going to fold for one bet. You said you'd fold for one bet.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:30 AM

Default checked w/ the intention of what?

bet the turn here and dont give a free card.

let one of the hyperaggressive 40 players raise the turn here w/ a 5 or a spade or something so you can call them down. give them a little rope to hang themselves.

all that's going to happen if you check here is:

a. it will get checked around.

b. it will get bet and then raised to you and you will be in a tough situation.
Old 01-12-2003, 12:24 PM

Default check-call mode

checked with the intention of calling it down.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:36 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: check-call mode

i think with 2 people you're begging it to get bet/raised before it comes back to you. i guess it depends on the game, but that's ALWAYS the way it is where i play. the first person attempts, the second person recognizes the attempt and goes for one himself by raising, and then you're facing 2 cold with the winner.
Old 01-12-2003, 06:53 PM

Default Re: two blind kings--results

LP checked also, button bet. I called and LP folded. River was:

[J [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] ] 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]

I checked and called the button's bet. He had A [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] I was concerned about a raise, especially without the K [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] . So I think playing more defensively was ok, since giving a free card wasn't a bad idea, plus I might induce a bluff. With a pair and three spades, I felt it was too risky to lead into the pot on the turn. But perhaps I should have bet the river when a fourth spade hits, as a raise is unlikely unless the button has the A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] . Thoughts?
Old 01-12-2003, 08:31 PM

Default Re: two blind kings--results

Heads up, if you are going to call a river bet, I want to be the one betting the river. The only time I wouldn't bet the river is if the my opponent bluffs WAY WAY WAY WAY too much (not just a little too much, but WAY too much). Then, I'll check/call or maybe check/raise.

But 99% of the time (and that's really close to the actual percentage of the time I'd do this), I'll bet the river heads up.

Josh