Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Auto-raise button on party

So I hit middle pair on Party, and it got checked around. My second pair hit on the turn, and I bet out. But this card also made a flush. Less than a second later I was raised. I was 99% sure that the person next to me had his auto-raise button on ready to go, and that's how he did it so fast. I was very sure that he had made his flush, so I called the turn(to try to boat up) and check-folded the river. I think I made a good play. What do you think?

If it's important, I was in the hand with UTG+1 and the Button, and I was in the BB.

I held J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and the flop came A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. The turn was a 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2005, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Auto-raise button on party

Position, Pot Size, Read on Villain??? Tough to say without all the info. Also, I personally put little faith in "online tells" like an auto-bet or raise. If your read was good, then its a good play, but there's no read other than "he auto-raised immediately, so I figure he's got a flush." Did you have any other read on villain?
Old 06-10-2005, 12:31 PM

I don't think the auto-raise button is a tell. I've used it before when bluffing/semi-bluffing. I don't like to use the auto feature, but if I'm playing mulitple tables I might.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Position, Pot Size, Read on Villain??? Tough to say without all the info. Also, I personally put little faith in "online tells" like an auto-bet or raise. If your read was good, then its a good play, but there's no read other than "he auto-raised immediately, so I figure he's got a flush." Did you have any other read on villain?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most importantly, WHAT LIMIT?

If it's .50/1 I'd probably call down.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:23 PM

I think that a quick raise or bet (perhaps the auto-setting) can be a bluff. Also, like previously mentioned in a micro-limit game, I will call this down even if I think I'm beat.