Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 07:53 AM

Default How could I be so wrong?

$55 on Party. Blinds go up to 150/300 in 2 hands. The button and SB are loose, and I read BB as a TAG. I figure pushing is -$ICMEV on this hand, but 300 chips will be very efficient in increasing FE when blinds go up, and I am in the small blind. Comments?

But how the hell could I be so wrong about BB??? I must really get on opponents' nerves if "TAGs" start calling huge raises with J4. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Yes, he was the only player that I thought was reasonable at the table, and thus the target of my previous steals but ...

----------------------------------------------------------

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter

BB (t4330)
Hero (t1405)
Button (t1715)
SB (t2550)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Hero is all-in<font color="#666666">
2 folds</font>
BB calls t1205.

Flop: (t1505) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t1505) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t1505) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t1505

BB has 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2005, 09:28 AM

Default Re: How could I be so wrong?

[ QUOTE ]

But how the hell could I be so wrong about BB??? I must really get on opponents' nerves if "TAGs" start calling huge raises with J4. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Yes, he was the only player that I thought was reasonable at the table, and thus the target of my previous steals but ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Steal on an individual opponent too much he/she will eventually get feed up and call even with a wide range of hands. It happens so often.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:32 AM

Default Re: How could I be so wrong?

[ QUOTE ]
Steal on an individual opponent too much he/she will eventually get feed up and call even with a wide range of hands. It happens so often.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said AND he's the big stack looking to get into the money and dominate thus his calling standards probably dropped.

-LDT