Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Easy Fold? I Can\'t Be Good

I have no reads on villain. Titles self explanatory I do not see how i can beat any hand he has.
AK and QQ is the only 2 hands im ahead of both of which I think aren't possible holdings with the way villain played this hand. Any feedback or is folding a good move

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9.33 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7.66 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>. Hero Folds
Old 06-09-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Easy Fold? I Can\'t Be Good

Call down. Pot's big, and, more importantly

[ QUOTE ]
no reads on villain

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why he can't have QQ. Not the most likely hand, perhaps, but often enough, combined with chance he is a donk, to make calling down an acceptable if not superior play.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:19 PM

This seems weak tight to me.

10.66 bets in the pot and you need to call the raise plus probably one more bet on the river. So 2 bets to win 11. I think you are still ahead in the hand at least 1 out of 4 times.

Now if an Ace comes on the river, you can probably fold it with a clear conscience.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:20 PM

Wow that's some laydown there. I would have called it down. Won't give him credit for a better hand.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:23 PM

On the flop im feeling confident when i notice him slow down and just call the 3 bet. What convinces me that im far behind is the raise on the turn. From my experience that to me screams jj or 10,10. I can't see QQ raising the turn after slowing down the flop and thats just maniac to do that with ak i believe. I guess it would be right to call down and keep him honest but the way the hand played out im expecting to see jj way to often.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:30 PM

you also beat AJ and KJ...you should call this down...
Old 06-09-2005, 03:34 PM

Yeah but really, how often are you going to see those hands? Like 1-50? Though I agree with the calldown, since we know nothing about villain, he could be overaggro, in which case those hands are definetly in his range. But do you agree that against a player we had a read on as being passive or nontricky TAGish, AJ/KJ are probably not terribly likely possibilities?
Old 06-09-2005, 03:51 PM

if villain is a known TAG or solid player then other things become factors, especially how he views your play...if you have been raising a lot of pots then AJ/KJ might become 3betting hands for him (mostly AJ), but against a passive player they will almost never have these hands as they would probably just cold call preflop and call down...

but given that we have no reads, these are hands that are possible, even if they are unlikely that would increase the possibility that you are ahead with KK that make calling down correct, not to mention that there is already a pretty decent pot...
Old 06-09-2005, 04:02 PM

AJ, QQ, KQs might all play this way.

Call it down.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:12 PM

yep.