Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Help with Bit Tornado

I know there's a lot of really tech saavy guys on 2p so I figured this is worth a shot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just got a new computer and installed Bit Tornado. The problem is that I can't get a download speed of over 2 KB/s because the little light is yellow. This a apparently means that BT can't get around my firewall.

I tried going into Network Properties and opening up ports 8861-8869 but it didn't help. I also tried disabling the Windows firewall entirely, but that still doesn't work.

Any other suggestions? My dad is out of the country and I want to get the NBA Finals for him to watch when he comes back. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Help with Bit Tornado

i don't really know what bit tornado is, but i assume it's a bit torrent client.

are you behind a hardware router or do you go to a university or something where you're in a network of some sort?

unless you're directly connected to the internet (i.e. no router, firewall, etc.), you have to go in and forward the ports to your computer or unblock them. sounds like unblocking didn't work, so it might be a router problem. if this is the case post what sort of router you have and i could prolly help.

p.s. try azureus
Old 06-09-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Help with Bit Tornado

I'm on a LAN with a Linksys WRTS4GS router. Hope this helps. I'm downloading azureus right now also, so I'll give that a shot when it's done. Thanks.