Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 12:01 AM

Default Applying for an apt....how much info do i give to verify income?

I am attempting to get an apartment....I told the person showing it to me (apparently not the landlord, it seems to be a property management company) that I played poker but that I could verify my income. I plan on giving them a copy of my 2004 federal tax record but am wonder how much else I should give.

-2005 bank statements with online cashouts highlighted?
-just an ING statement (where all my savings are)

or what?

Thanks
Old 06-09-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Applying for an apt....how much info do i give to verify income?

what city are you moving to?.... your tax returns should suffice...as long as you show that you have legitimate monthly income you should be all set.
P.S. if your poker earnings are not >$28,000 a year i would be surprised if they give you the apt, which is ironic because if you show tax returns and you make $9.00 an hour you can get an apt.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:10 AM

BTW, if you do play poker professionally, you can deduct your laptop and any cable/broadband connections/cell phones... trips to vegas as business expenses... if you apply to a job in any city you visit you can claim the whole trip as a business trip as long as you apply to a job in that city. FYO.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:19 AM

I can't believe poker is going to do it for you. I've always have to give employee info or show my job offer letter. I think the risk rahter than the level is more important.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:30 AM

I am a property manager and a leasing agent, and lemme tell you, if i had some young person tell me that they played poker for a living here's what I'd want (and keep in mind that i understand the poker thing, others may want even more)

-First and last, for sure
-a bank statement showing at least three months rent in it
-maybe a copy of a neteller statement probving consistant positive cashflow- the bank statements should be good enough.
-and maybe a co-signer, gambling gets areally bad rap, but for good reason, most of the time.

you can avoid ALL of this with almost any managment company by paying three or four months rent in advance, they will take this as a sign that you have a lot of cash on hand.

but, they should take what i listed above, as long as you've paid last month's rent, that gives them enough time to evict your degenerate ass if you go broke. remember that good refrences are important, but will not really help you very much.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:32 AM

Also, if you show them any king of bank statement with 20k or more in it, they'll likely accept you regardless of what you earn now, but expect first/last/big deposit
Old 06-09-2005, 01:17 AM

you douchebag, what happened to the house? put some effort into life pls kthx
Old 06-09-2005, 01:21 AM

stop telling people in this situation what you do for a living. It will only lead to trouble for you. Just make some [censored] up like "I am a statistical analyst". You are independantly contracted and work over the internet, yadda yadda yadda. Then just give them a copy of your bankstatement (which can photoshop if you feel like it). It sucks to have to lie about what you do, but who cares, these types of situations are just a game anyway, play the game to win.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
stop telling people in this situation what you do for a living. It will only lead to trouble for you. Just make some [censored] up like "I am a statistical analyst". You are independantly contracted and work over the internet, yadda yadda yadda. Then just give them a copy of your bankstatement (which can photoshop if you feel like it). It sucks to have to lie about what you do, but who cares, these types of situations are just a game anyway, play the game to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

lying on an application voids the future lease that was signed with the understanding that the information provided was accurate- they could find out, throw his ass out, keep the deposit and the last months rent, and he would have no recourse. finding a landlord that's willing to accept a poker player is worth it, unless you don't care baout losing @$1500. they WILL screw you if you give them a big fat window like that.

Lie to women, your parents, whatever, just don't lie to your landlord about your job or income, they have you by the balls and they know it.

also, falsifying a bank statement so you can get an apartment (you are singing a document with a line in it that says 'to the best of my knowlage, all of the above information is true") is fraud, a felony. photoshopping a bank statement is HORRIBLE advice.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:41 AM

ask them what they want and give it to them.

why are you all secretive about it