Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 05:10 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Where were you?

Not sure if this topic has been brought up. I haven't seen it. Repost from another group.

[ QUOTE ]
I was reading a newspaper article that brought up an interesting point. 9/11 was our generations JFK assassination. If you ask your parents they probably still know where they were and what they were doing and where they were when they found out that he had been shot. So I ask you where were you and what were you doing when you heard about the first plane hitting the tower?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was listening to Stern while waking up and heard his crew freaking out. Then I turned on the news. Even though it was tape delayed, it felt like it was live. I remember delivering that day and not seeing a plane in the sky. Which is very odd where I live. I remember driving on the freeway past some military bases and seeing the gaurds with machine guns at every exit. I've never been to NY so, in a way, it was very surreal to me. Kind of like a typical east coasters' view on the San Francisco earthquake.

b
Old 06-08-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Where were you?

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if this topic has been brought up. I haven't seen it. Repost from another group.

[ QUOTE ]
I was reading a newspaper article that brought up an interesting point. 9/11 was our generations JFK assassination. If you ask your parents they probably still know where they were and what they were doing and where they were when they found out that he had been shot. So I ask you where were you and what were you doing when you heard about the first plane hitting the tower?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was listening to Stern while waking up and heard his crew freaking out. Then I turned on the news. Even though it was tape delayed, it felt like it was live. I remember delivering that day and not seeing a plane in the sky. Which is very odd where I live. I remember driving on the freeway past some military bases and seeing the gaurds with machine guns at every exit. I've never been to NY so, in a way, it was very surreal to me. Kind of like a typical east coasters' view on the San Francisco earthquake.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at work. Watching CNBC. And saw the 2nd one hit live.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

I had pulled an all nighter coding the backend of my current employers main website. 8 hours or so of staring at the screen, knowing we went live the next day, and worrying I wouldn't make it. My roomates woke up and were watching tv when i heard them start with the 'holy [censored]' comments. I walked out to the living room and was hoping it was just some [censored] up dream...

Add to the fact that I was at Georgetown then, and you could climb to the rooftop apartments, look out, and see the pentagon burning. Complete this with the additional fact that some faculty were on board, and kids around campus who had family on board were just bawling....yeah, not fun...
Old 06-08-2005, 05:12 PM

I was jerking it in the shower, and getting ready to go to school for 2nd period.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was jerking it in the shower, and getting ready to go to school for 2nd period.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

I was pahking tha cah in the habah.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:16 PM

a few blocks away, walking out of the subway. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2005, 05:19 PM

Just got out of my International Politics class and was ready to go back to sleep when I turned on CNN. I was at a SUNY school so it was very lucky that none of my residents lost anybody close.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:19 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

I was at home sleeping. The phone just kept ringing and I ignored it for a while. Then I realized that something must be wrong, because no one I know would even think to call me before noon.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:20 PM

i was skateboarding and grinding the rails on top of the world trade center.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

I was pahking tha cah in the habah.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's unacceptable. And you should know that I have that line trademarked.